Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to make my pc quicker  (Read 4830 times)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: how to make my pc quicker
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »
Cleaning registry can help improve computer performance
Well, we'll stay at disagreement here, but that's fine.

Let's put it another way.
If you're experienced computer user, feel free to play with your computer settings, including registry.
If you're not, leave registry alone.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
Registry to me, is like your roomand if it's constantly being cluttered with junk, it's not going to be pretty. But if you take away something from there that shouldn't be, then if you (or the PC) can't find it, there's a problem.

Cleaning registry can help improve computer performance, whether or not that performance is visible or not and so the short answer to registry cleaning is that your computer will run better if you occasionally clean your Windows system registry. So doing registry cleaning with your monthly tuneups with the good programs you have should keep your PC tidy enough.

Start Here

Actually for once google did it's job as the top link is pretty good.
Keep in mind the writers probably know the OS better than all of us here
Again it's not an argument...just a different point of view.

I've never experienced a performance gain with cleaning the registry. And i test an awful lot of software
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 03:36:03 AM »
Registry to me, is like your roomand if it's constantly being cluttered with junk, it's not going to be pretty. But if you take away something from there that shouldn't be, then if you (or the PC) can't find it, there's a problem.

Cleaning registry can help improve computer performance, whether or not that performance is visible or not and so the short answer to registry cleaning is that your computer will run better if you occasionally clean your Windows system registry. So doing registry cleaning with your monthly tuneups with the good programs you have should keep your PC tidy enough.

I like to think so as well. It's part of maintenance and if you never perform a registry clean, you will run into problems because of that and possibly slow down your computer.