Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Senior Looking for New Laptop  (Read 5207 times)

seanfb91

Topic Starter

Rookie

Senior Looking for New Laptop
    « on: January 02, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
    Okay, after my 5 year old laptop is now broken, I'm a high school senior looking for a new laptop. I would LOVE to get a MacBook Pro, but I think within my family's budget, I want to look for something under a $1,000. I don't know if any of these details matter, but here they go:

I just want something with wireless capabilities, DVD, good for moviemaking and making DVD's and burning CD's, I download a lot of music and I'm a writer, so a good amount of storage would be good. A quality laptop under a thousand would be nice.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Any other specifications I should look at? Is there a certain store or website I should look at?

PS If there's a cheaper way to get a MacBook Pro, let me know please ;D
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:03:08 PM by seanfb91 »

Ironman

Hopeful
    • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
      • Yes
      • My Personal Site
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Senior Looking for New Laptop
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »
    Lenovo's are pretty good for the price..

Here are a lot of Laptops at good prices:
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=32&name=Laptops-Notebooks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Senior Looking for New Laptop
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
    From what you've told us you wanted to do, any modern laptop will do the trick.
    Some things you would want:
    - ~+100GB HD Space
    - 1-2GB RAM
    - Dual Core

In my experience, it's better to try the laptop before you buy it, to see if you want it.
    I'm sure if you go to a computer store, you can try the laptops on display and get an idea of what you want.