Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: have antiexe in partition running xp can't FDISK  (Read 3798 times)

dambld

have antiexe in partition running xp can't FDISK
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:55:41 PM »
I'v been trying to recover from Antiexe virus in boot :you are suppose to be able to run FDISK/MBR but I can't get this dog to hunt any hints out there . for some reason  I can not change dirs and make my system stay in that dir I can change the directory  on C: but it will just bounce back to A:
:o :o

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: have antiexe in partition running xp can't FDI
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »
    dambld

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/antiexe.html

There is a removal method in this post from Symantec .....
    The boot disk you are trying to use must be infected ........

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dambld

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:18:18 PM »
    thank you for reply however I'v thought I might have infected disk  but have checked with avg and the boot is suppose to be clean I have started the above tack and am also down loading LINUX I get it yet

dambld

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 03:36:19 PM »
    thank you for the help finally got the thing out of Boot partition forced new system disk from DOS 6.2 removed a hard disk in old lap top force single disk DOS load and ran FDISK/MBR from disk I didn't think it worked because it only took a second and didn't come up with expected screen or warning rebooted checked with McAfee emscan and bingo ANTIEXE was gone . rebooted and expected to start from scratch but system booted right to last config and after save mode recovery of reg I had my computor back just like before nice trick FDISK/MBR

This is a great form I had every dos book I had out and though the links found here solved  at least  three separate system problems THANKS  ONE HAPPY CAMPER- Now I can get back to John TITOR and the other important stuff. Anyone with IBM5100 laying around think unix ;D ;D ;D ;D