Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Data CD not playing  (Read 5813 times)

1moe

Data CD not playing
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
When I place my final draft 5 CD in my computer, the disk doesn't show in the D:drive, and doesn't start. However it works on my other computer.
I made a copy of the CD, then installed the software, the software shows it is installed, but when I click on the icon it says I need to insert the CD to use the program, however the CD is already in the computer.

I contact dell (see below) and was told some settings might need to be changed, however, I would have to call and pay for that information.   My question is, is there a way to check the settings myself?
thank you.

(dell tech: "From the records I see that you have Inspiron 1525 with the Operating system Vista, am I right.
 yes i used window xp .. Shaheen_191996  This system was shipped with Vista, am I right

"we might need to change a few settings"...This is not the issue with the system, if it was an issue with the system it was covered under the system warranty of hardware....."I am not telling that the disc software is gone bad'..."The soft wares on your system needs to be checked".

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Data CD not playing
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »
So....You copied the CD and burned it again? Now it doesn't work?
You cannot do this.

What was the initial problem, assuming it's genuine?