Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Live Sign In Headache  (Read 3421 times)

Szpixman

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Windows Live Sign In Headache
    « on: December 17, 2008, 09:44:32 AM »
    Hi Guys,
    When I go to sign in to my Hotmail account with Windows Live, on the page where it asks for your Windows Live ID (which is my email address) & password everything works fine except that it will not remember my info.  I have to type it in everytime.  It also won't allow signing in from a different account. ie. My wife's.  This has only started after I had my MB & Processor upgraded & the problem, though not critical is kind of fustrating.  Even the guys at the Computer Shop can't figure it out.  Was just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips to solve this ?
    And yes I have checked the Remember me on this computer & Remember my password boxes.
    XP Home, SP3.
      Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows Live Sign In Headache
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »
    Same for me. I can't get it to remember my username or password.

Firefox?

Szpixman

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: Windows Live Sign In Headache
      « Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 06:05:21 AM »
      From what I could figure out so far, is that it's likely a setting in the computer & nothing to do with Hotmail or Windows Live Mail or whatever they're going to call it next month.  There is some registry value in a "Password" folder that tells it how many days to keep saved passwords.  From what I've been told, if it is set to anything other than 0,  Windows won't remember it.  But I don't know if this is correct as I haven't been able to find any folder like that so far.  One clue is that this started only after I had a new MB & Processor installed.  It was fine for almost 3 years until now.

Merry Christmas.