Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Spooler Error  (Read 2882 times)

suicidemayhem

Topic Starter

Starter

Vista Spooler Error
    « on: December 23, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
    I installed vista and everything was working better than I thought. I work at a printer and have many printers/copiers installed on my machine.

Recently I upgraded a driver from PS3 to and M2 Imagepass (Canon) and the spooler crashed. No problem, I restarted the spooler and opened the printer folder and again crashed. I restarted the machine, same thing. I tried to time it right and delete the printer while the spooler was crashing but same thing. I can't get rid of this printer that I know is the problem to reinstall.

Any help? I can't even open the printer folder. If I try to print, it says to install a printer because the spooler crashes immediately. I can't install/uninstall printers in Safe Mode. A command line script to delete the printer or where to manually delete the driver would be the best.

Thanks in advance.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Vista Spooler Error
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
    Remove the printer from Device Manager.
    Remove any printer from Add/Remove Programs.
    Power down.
    Unplug the printer.
    Re-boot and re-install the printer software ( this is assuming you have the Vista version of drivers)
    The software will prompt you for when to plug the printer in.

You should be good to go...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

suicidemayhem

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Vista Spooler Error
      « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
      Forgot to mention I checked there, no printers listed. This is a network printer/copier, the driver is causing the problem. Its a Canon iR8500. Same thing happened with the 105 but I was able to delete and reinstall. This one is crashing the spooler before I can do anything.