Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB ports not working  (Read 2790 times)

darbyjudy

USB ports not working
« on: April 05, 2005, 12:34:33 PM »
Running win 98, cannot get USB ports to work.  Checked Bias and they are enabled.  Looked in System and I don't see them listed.  Any suggestions.

cigarman

Intermediate
    Re: USB ports not working
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 02:43:52 PM »
    If you are connecting an usb device then you need to install teh usb driver for that device.  You should have a CDROM or something with the device driver

darbyjudy

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 04:26:10 PM »
    I installed the software several times that came with the scanner.  It shows the scanner listed in the programs but when I try to use it , an error message comes up and tells me that it can't find the twain driver.  When that didn't work I went to the Artec web-site and download a new driver but still it can't fine it.  I downloaded the utility to check your USB ports and it ssays I have to upgrade my hardware.  It tells me that the windows propram will support the USB ports but the hardware doesn't.  Not being very good at this I don't know what to do next. Like I said it doesn't show the USB ports listed in the device manager.

cigarman

Intermediate
      « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 02:36:25 PM »
      I think you need to purchase a new usb pci card to install to your pc to support your new scanner.  I know you have installed the scanner software but have you installed the usb driver for Win98? Tell me, does the scanner spec says it will run on Win98?

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 05:38:36 PM »
      Is this the first time you have tried to use the USB ports for anything, including the scanner?