Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Green screen help  (Read 2448 times)

John Deere 36

Topic Starter

Starter

Green screen help
    « on: December 27, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
    I am having a problem with my computer that maybe you could help me fix. I have looked thru your web forum but did not see any thing like my problem It started 3 years ago and Dell fixed it after being on the phone with them for several hours. It came back almost a year to date. I sent them an E mail with the job number and the next day the problem was gone. Well 10 months latter it is back. Dell will not re fix the problem because it is out of warranty. Here is my problem. When you first start the computer you get a green screen that is always Blue then when it goes to the Blue screen there is a big ball like a sun swirling around in the upper left corner that is not their when the system is operating properly. After all the start up things happen the screen is grainy and gritty and fuzzy and things are like all moving like a swarm of Bees in the back ground. If you open any thing with a picture it is worse and has a moving green moss on every thing. Here is what I have done to solve this problem thus far.
    My ant virus soft wear is in good current standings(PC Cillen veson 14)  and have run a current update. I have run the current Dell windows update as well. Originally they hade me swap out the monitor and I had the same thing on another monitor so I think that is not the problem.  I have played with the color and the resolution is set at 1280x1024 and changing it had no effect on it. So my untrained thinking is a driver is resetting it self or some thing. The computer works in every way as it always did and is not running slow or any thing.
    Do you think you could walk me thru this repair? I am not that much of a teck person but maybe be able to work thru this with your help.
    E mail me your number and I can call you when it is convenient to you.

Respectfully,

John Deere 36

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Green screen help
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »
    Welcome to the CH forums.

So far all I've gotten out of your post is that you are running Win XP on a Dell with PcCillin as your antivirus and seem to be having video problems. 

Is this a desktop/laptop/notebook, what's your hardware configuration, what's your pc model?  Please read this from our esteemed leader.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

John Deere 36

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 04:59:52 AM »
      Sorry about that .
      It Is a desk top Dimension E310,1GBDDR2 SDRAM @533MHZ,with integrated intel media accelerator 900.
      80GB Sata 11 Hard drive (7200RPM )
      Microsoft windows XP home edition, service pack.
      windows media player 10
      Dell media experience 3.1 Basic
      Backup media for XP home Dimension.
      Intell Pro 100m integrated PCI NIC Card
      56K  PCI data fax modem.
      This information was taken from my build sheet. I have no idea what any of it realy means and their is other info their if you need it although it is mostly mouse and programs stuff.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
      John Deere 36

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:15:01 AM »
        Try going into Device Manager ( right-click My Computer / choose Manage / Device Manager / display adapters & monitors / delete them both and reboot.  Windoze will see them and reinstall their drivers.

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

John Deere 36

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »
          Ale52 Thanks for the try but it did not do any thing for my problem. After shut down I turned off all power via the plug strip and waited a good minute before re-powering up.

John Deere 36