Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD-R drive doesn't work...PLEASE HELP  (Read 4447 times)

Anand Mehta

CD-R drive doesn't work...PLEASE HELP
« on: April 10, 2005, 04:03:19 AM »
Ok. Basically I tried to write a CD the other day, but my drive wouldn't open. I shut down my computer completely and booted it up again. Then the drive started working and opened. Once I had selected all the files I needed to put on the CD-R I started to burn it. Half way through the CD-R drive stopped working. I have tried this several times with the same "results". I have Windows XP and the latest driver for my drive (Sony CRX140E). I don't what the problem is and could really use some help. Also I'm not very familiar with most computer jargon so if you could please simplify it for me. HELP!!!

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: CD-R drive doesn't work...PLEASE HELP
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:25:19 PM »
    hello friend, how are you? There are some reasons bcz of which that problem accurs. First of all, I advice you to use nero express software to burn your CD's.  Secondly, plz give me some more details like what really happened when problem accurs "is your drive lose power or eject the CD out?" and "what is % of burned data when problem occurs?" etc.....
    May be there is some sort of virus....
    Do take care of you and others and be happy...
    D Wahab
    do take care of you and others

Redeyes_Gambit

Re: CD-R drive doesn't work...PLEASE HELP
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »
    Ok, this may or may not help but I figured I'd throw it into the works and see what happens  ;D . Do you have nero's "inCD" installed? it should show up on your "task bar" (that little section on the far right of your "start bar" that has a bunch of small icons on it) as a tiny yellow box with a hand in front of it holding a CD (it probably will say "inCD" if you click it, or rest your mouse on it for a second or two). This little program caused alot of headaches for me. I could burn a full CD using the standard nero cd burner but as soon as it got to the final step and it opened the cd drive the computer would freeze. I un-installed the inCD program and now I can burn fine.

Also, did you have any problems during the install of your CD burning software? And are you using more than one type of CD burning software?

Hope this helps!
    Signed, Redeyes_Gambit