Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Device Manager  (Read 2061 times)

pigsfeet

Topic Starter

Rookie

Device Manager
    « on: January 17, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »
    Hi again, I know my username (pigsfeet) has been seen a good bit around here recently, but I don't know what to do now. I rebboted my PC to it's start point last month to deal with another problem, & now, I have no sound. I have considered taking this to a "geek" to fix, but i've been advised here not to because of the costs. So i'm hoping someone here can assist me. As part of my efforts to get my sound back, a couple of times, I uninstalled stuff out of my device manager, specifically, the 4 unknown devices with ! points on them, like I did just now, but after I restart my PC, the 4 unknows're back. Also, my Wizard tells me that I have no audio device after it did a search. Any clues?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Device Manager
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
    I'll quote my suggestion from a week ago:

It may be less expensive to just buy a sound card and install it vs. paying them to fix it.

Youl'd be done by now with the above approach...
    20 - 30 Bucks.

There are sometimes it's best to simply look for a more elegant solution and stop banging your head against the wall...
    BTW i have no idea how you edited it but the Everest report you submitted was one long paragraph and un-readable...that's not how Everest does it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pigsfeet

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »
      Sorry, i'm not sure how you set it up like others here post their Everest reports. Could you clue me in & i'll go back to my Everest post & do it over. Thanks.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:21:52 AM »
      Run a scan.
      Save it as a text file.
      Post only the Computer Summary portion do not include the Debug info.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "