Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Phone with Built-In Projector  (Read 22482 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Phone with Built-In Projector
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »
not everything on wikipedia is accurate.the syntax is similar, but not only to C and C++, but a cazillion other languages that use the semicolon for a statement separator).

My reference was more towards the object based nature of java- C doesn't have a concept of an object at all (although you can fake it with virtual function pointers in a struct) and bothy C/C++ use pointers quite a lot, almost encouraging them. Java doesn't have pointers at all- and implements automatic cleanup. Although VB6 uses the reference counting facilities inherent in COM, while java uses Garbage collection, neither one provides the ability to use and reference values via pointers (although with some clever messing avbout with rtlMoveMemory, long variables and objects you can force visual Basic 6 to let you... although it's dangerous ground to experiment in, since if VB will often crash without careful planning as to the positions in code where the object pointers are manipulated... anyway... where was I?

To be blunt- nowadays, C# is a heck of a lot like Java, and I have a nagging suspicion it is really what Microsoft turned J++ into after the Sun lawsuit.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

macdad-

Expert

Re: Phone with Built-In Projector
    « Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 05:09:18 PM »
    yes i was just saying the syntax is related, not the entire language is related to C
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.