Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No access to Favourites  (Read 2879 times)

pirosko

Topic Starter

Rookie
    No access to Favourites
    « on: January 10, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
    This has happened with my old system and has now again come up. It has been discussed in the forums but with no real solutions.

In IE 7, I cannot access my favorites under the Star Icon. They just do not show up. They do however show up in the menu bar under favorites, and I can access them there only.

Also, (since it was implied in another forum entry) I have moved the favorites file folders around between "owner", "all users" and "default users". Now everytime I access a file or document it shows up as a favorite automatically under the "star" icon in IE7. ?????    What da Heck?

What should the system be set up like to ensure this works properly. And why did it change apparently for no reason originally? Can anybody help please?

I am using Windows XP home edition, as well. 

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No access to Favourites
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
    Moving the favorites folder around is probably the cause of this issue...
    Where does it reside now ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pirosko

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: No access to Favourites
      « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
      I went into the IE menu "file" under Import and export, and then exported the favorites to all three files, the "default,"  "all users" and "owner".  This seems to have made it work.

When I imported them, it did not work, so I am just confused as to from where and to where files are moving when dealing with IE and files on C drive.  I am not sure what the original configuration was or why it changed, but for now it works and will remember the next time this happens.   I should try to recreate the "error" for knowledge sake, but...............nah.