Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests  (Read 3772 times)

Doghouse

Topic Starter

Rookie

Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests
    « on: January 09, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »
    Every so often I get the BSOD for Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests.

Today when I got it, I was able to write down the information, which included

0X00000044 (0X8786C008, 0X00000E7A, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I have no idea what most of that means, but from searching for solutions on the Internet it appears that it is related to drivers.

I haven't found any yellow caution marks in the Device Manager (including with hidden devices displayed).

The most recent device I have connected is an old HP DeskJet 932C printer. The HP site says that they don't have a driver for that printer for Vista, but that Vista has a basic driver so that the printer can be used.

Is there much of a possibility that the lack of a full DeskJet 932C driver for Vista could be causing the problem?

I suppose I could test it by removing the printer, but the BSOD occurs randomly (though always within 15 or 20 minutes of startup), so I would probably have to leave it disconnected for a month to see if the problem recurred. Accordingly, I was wondering if anyone had some insight as to how much of a possibility there was of the semi-compatible printer being the problem.

Vista Ultimate, fully updated
    Core2 Duo 2.53 GHz
    4.0 G RAM
    GeForce 8800 GT (1 G memory)
    Plenty of cooling
    All of the components are relatively new.
    I have tried to make sure that all drivers are updated (graphics card, etc.).
    BIOS is also up to date. (I got the BSOD both before and after I updated BIOS.)

I'm kind of hoping that the printer is the problem for two reasons: 1) I would be able to resolve the issue fairly easily, and 2) I would have an excuse to get a new printer. :)

Thanks.

Reed

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »
    There's a Hotfix:

Here Ya Go...

Heck don't tell the Wife and grab a new printer anyway... ;)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Doghouse

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:39:33 PM »
      Thanks for the reply.

Does that hotfix apply to cases in which the BSOD appears even when the computer isn't waking from sleep or hibernation?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
      According to the documentation i couldn't tell as it is vague...but applying it probably will do no harm and may fix the issue.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Doghouse

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
        Hmmmm. I tried to install it, but I got a message saying that it didn't apply to my system. I selected the one for Vista 32-bit, so I'm not sure what that means, unless I already have it installed or something.

Do you think that the old printer (and no driver from HP for Vista) could be causing the conflict?