Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Explorer 7 locks up computer  (Read 3902 times)

AGP

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Explorer 7 locks up computer
    « on: January 13, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
    Hi,

I just loaded Explorer 7 and, when I try to launch it, the computer locks up.   I'm forced to hard boot the machine because the normal ctrl/alt/del method doesn't work.

Now . . . if I right click the Explorer icon and open the browser "with add-ons disabled", a sterile-looking Explorer homepage comes up and I can surf the net.  However, clips on YOUTUBE will no longer run and neither do .flv files on similar sites.

When I go to the Internet Options tab and re-enable the add-ons, the browser (and computer) lock up.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  How can I fix this?  Should I uninstall Explorer 7 and reinstall 6?  This is the only problem I have with my computer.  It runs well except for this.

Windows XP
    Thanks,
    AGP

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Explorer 7 locks up computer
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:33:09 AM »
    Hello! Could you post additional infos? Computer specs etc. Is your OS updated. With regards to .flv files, does your IE7 had flash player installed?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Explorer 7 locks up computer
    « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »
    does your IE7 had flash player installed?

And is it updated?