Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC will not boot or even load BIOS  (Read 18875 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: PC will not boot or even load BIOS
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
CPU is rooted it over heated installing up dates froze you turned off the machine the fan stoped the CPU heated up just a little more with no cooling and poped. and now wont boot seems obvious.

I'm sorry- were you there? because half of that is pulled out of thin air.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

superakcraig

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 07:05:56 AM »
    CPU is rooted it over heated installing up dates froze you turned off the machine the fan stoped the CPU heated up just a little more with no cooling and poped. and now wont boot seems obvious.

Well I am not saying you are wrong BUT did I mention that the PC froze during a windows Auto Update for over 45 minutes?  Your logic really doesn't make sense.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 07:40:30 AM »
    Your logic really doesn't make sense.

That's because it's non-existent.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Crafty

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
    Sorry, if you have left out the Ram and still received no beeps or error reports, then you are looking at one of the following - Psu/Mainboard/Cpu. I would now look at the Psu like you have already been advised, and if this still doesn't fix it, then look at the Cpu before moving onto the mainboard itself- Hopefully it's just the Psu though.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:28:20 AM by Crafty »

SmittySr

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
      I had a similar problem with a black screen and no cursor.  It turned out to be a problem with the RAM.  The computer gave me a stange two tone beep  followed by three short beeps.  The point I am trying to make is that I had to turn the machine on and off several times, and wait to get the beep code to sound again.   

Lee07133

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
        Hello everyone.  I too have a very similar problem on a windows xp...(does it matter?).  Last night it was working just fine...but then i left it to my little brother to use and the next thing i noticed when i woke up, the computer wasn't turning on.  everything sounded like it works...like it's gonna boot...but it doesn't.  it appears that the monitor doesn't get anything, no signal from the computer.  I don't even see the logo display of my motherboard.  so i thought it might be a video card problem and replaced it with one of my buddy's.  it didn't solve the problem.  the other possible sources are the CPU or the Motherboard..i thought.  is there any way to check for sure before i spend lots of money on new ones just to find out that it's neither? 
        I was reading through the topic, and someone mentioned about power supply.  can someone tell me the importance of the power supply and that it might be related to the problem as well?  besides the fact that it's required to power up each hardware. 
        I would really like to get my computer back up and running as soon as possible. 
        Thanks. 

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »
          Lee07133, 1st welcome to the Ch forums.As a matter of assistance to derive the full benefits of the forums i must advise that while we all have unbridled sympathy for your problem what you have just done is attempt to hijack someone else's post.That is not cricket. Please create your own post and also ensure that you include all the details of your computer as well as relevant information pertaining to actions or changes that occurred just before the problem arose. In this instance more is better than less. goodluck, truenorth

EMUSR

Greenhorn

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 04:47:10 PM »
            what you have just done is attempt to hijack someone Else's post.

Trying to solve a problem within the same realm is more tolerated than posting the same problem someone has already posted.  Revising an existing thread.

To anyone with this problem...........       First look inside your tower, check for build up of dust.   If you have it built up simply use a fine hair brush, take the ram out, clean the entire MoBo and get in the slots of the Ram Ports, blow it out, insert Ram, turn on, have fun.............. 

Dust shorts the board out but won't harm it and once cleaned will most likely be the problem..