Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINVISTA: BlueScreen on Startup, Can't find Harddrive  (Read 3206 times)

BendikOlsen

Topic Starter

WINVISTA: BlueScreen on Startup, Can't find Harddrive
    « on: January 25, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
    Hey. I'm in serious problems, I was in a game (Warcraft) I minimized to put some music on (never got that far) Suddenly computer froze, and didn't react to any of my actions. So i had to hold the power button until it shut down. When i started it up again everything seemed fine at the beginning all the way until

[Windows is Loading - - - - - -]

--- BLUESCREEN ----

So i put in recovery/repair CD (120 MB one) and boot from CD. Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, System Restore, Start up Repair, none of them works.

So i did some digging, Tried to Load Drives (only Harddrive D were responding, where i keep my movies)
    harddrive C where i got windows and some pictures i really need didn't respond at all, size: 0 bytes, free: 0 bytes, etc....

Could anyone help me?

Edit: Windows Vista, Safe mode does not work either.

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: WINVISTA: BlueScreen on Startup, Can't find Harddrive
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:58:24 PM »
    Can you give us the blue screen error message?

Have you tried getting into safe mode?

When was the last time you blew your computer out, with a can of compressed air?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

BendikOlsen

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »
      Edited my first post before you wrote, Saying it doesn't work in safe mode either. It just hangs up there...

And I've uhm, never actually cleaned my computer inside. Or i did like 8 months ago using a vacuum cleaner.

And the bluescreen goes so quick, it comes and then in some milliseconds the computer is rebooting. I'll see if i can look.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »

And I've uhm, never actually cleaned my computer inside. Or i did like 8 months ago using a vacuum cleaner.
      That's a very bad idea.
      You can fry your motherboard doing that!

Tap F8 as your computer is booting up to access the advanced start-up screen. Choose "Disable Restarts on System Failure". That will allow you to see the blue screen message.
       Write it down and post back with it.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/