Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 computers one monitor and keyboard  (Read 2393 times)

lloydgraeme

2 computers one monitor and keyboard
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »
Dear All,

I currently have 2 pcs, 1 monitor and keyboard..... is there any way i can buy something that links them all together ? is there something on the market that does this? if so where can i get them from and how much are they?

Thanks in advance for your help

Graeme

Accessless

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: 2 computers one monitor and keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 02:58:42 AM »
This is gonna be super unhelpful but yes there is... but i've forgoten what they are called ???

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Greggaz

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:58:49 AM »
    you dont even need a kvm switch there is a Program Just come out
    its called Synergy

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »
      Greggaz, Doesn't this say a need still exists with this program for each computer to still have it's own dedicated monitor?
      "Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s). "
      lloydgraeme,KVM switches will do this for you.They are available to connect 2 or more computers to a common mouse,keyboard and monitor.They are also available for PS2 and USB mice and keyboards. I have been using them for years and find them to be extremely reliable--never had a problem. A 2 computer KVM switch should be able to be easily found for under $25.00 U.S. Do a google search to aquaint yourself with the various types available.truenorth