Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fixing My Gateway GT4022!!  (Read 3271 times)

karinashine

Topic Starter

Fixing My Gateway GT4022!!
    « on: January 24, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
     :'(     Hello my name is Karina.  I bought Gateway GT4022 with Windows XP comp in 2006. It started acting up ever since I was tricked into installing a virus scanner for vista in April 2008.  I  deleted that program and there was no problems after that.  Then, I periodically check my programs on my c drive to delete excess programs and files.  Suddenly I see about 60-70 windows update that were not there before?  So I delete what I could immediately.  I assume I made a mistake because now the computer has very big pixels,(which i changed manually) and my log in screen does not show up any more, it takes me directly to my desktop.  It is small little things that  are annoying.  My window player does not play.  And there is still windows updates on my programs.  What should I do? What program virus or anything should I buy? Or is it something as simply as to system restore ( which will not allow me)?  Please Help me!