Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING MY HP 722C IN VISTA  (Read 3071 times)

dustman

Topic Starter

Starter

PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING MY HP 722C IN VISTA
    « on: February 01, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
    Ok, I have spent the most of the day and night trying to find a work-around to use my HP 722c printer with my new Dell XPS 420 64-bit Vista. It looks like thousands of people are experiencing the same thing. I can get the printer to be recognized, I can make it the default printer, it will respond to print commands, but all it does is shoot out blank paper, no printing whatsoever. I have tried solution after solution, but none of them work. One person had mentioned that the HP720 driver already in Vista is only a very basic driver and will not activate many (if any) of the functions, that there were more things on the original HP722c install disk that have been left out on the Vista basic driver. I have the original install disk, and Vista will not accept it or let it run, saying it is incompatable. Dead end. But when I open the disk (don't try to install) there are a lot of things on it: CSY; DAN; DEU; ENU; ESM; FIN; FRA; HUN; ITA; NLD; NON; PLI; PTB; RUS; SVC; as well as AUTORUN; DIAG.PRN; HEPJ720C; HPOPNP.DLL; HPSETUP; and SETUP.

How and where can I install these individual items to see if they fix the problem? And which items would likely be the right ones? There has GOT to be a way to do this!

Any input greatly appreciated!

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING MY HP 722C IN VISTA
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

dustman

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING MY HP 722C IN VISTA
      « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
      Hi, JJ 3000,

Thanks for the reply. I have been to that site 4 times today, and tried every single suggestion at least 3 times. None of the "solutions" given there work.

Thanks anyway,

Dustman