Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I recover a "one" word document if my computer crashed. please help?  (Read 3757 times)

aktan

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi, can someone please assist me with my question. I will begin by explaining how my computer crashed. I accidently dropped my laptop on the ground. The distance from where I dropped it was not high. After, I picked up my laptop and began to watch a move, but all of a sudden my computer froze. I restarted my computer, however now vista would not show up and I was presented with a screen that displays there have been an error with word. So I called Toshiba to ask for assistance and they recommend re starting and re booting my computer. Is there any way possible I could still relocate my word file. The document is not big and contains the max 2 pages double spaced. I constantly save this “1” document every day, and it is also saved as a docx if that might help. I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me with this situation. Thank You…. In addition, my computer does not allow me to access the safe mode feature.

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      So wait, I'm confused. You were watching a movie on word?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Will it boot into Windows at all ? ?

If not the laptop drive needs to be removed from the machine and hooked up to a desktop to see if the data can be retrieved.
      Let us know...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

aktan

Topic Starter

Starter

no i droped my laptop and then i started watching a movie but during the movie my computer just froze. The only image that appears when i turn on my computer, is start windows normal or system recovery. when i click systyem recovery all it does is load and then there is a black screen for five minutes. then my cursor appears and 10 minutes later a scrren says add system.

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
          • Experience: Experienced
          A similar thing happened to me and I had to erase the hard drive on a different pc and then re install windows.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          System Recovery since this is a laptop will wipe all your data and take the machine back to Day One status...
          What happens if you choose start normal ? ?
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

aktan

Topic Starter

Starter

if i select start normal the windows icon loads for like 10 min and then re starts and says there was an error, click system repair and it will diagnose any problems with Windows.