Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opening Power Point email attachment  (Read 4639 times)

12grand

Topic Starter

Starter

Opening Power Point email attachment
    « on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:16 PM »
    I have both MS Power Point and Corel Presentations on my computer.  When I receive a .pps document (Power Point) as an attachment, my computer defaults to Presentations & converts it.  It usually takes a while for the conversion  & often doesn't do it at all.  I would like to know where to find the setting to make .pps attachments open in Power Point rather than in Presentations.

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Opening Power Point email attachment
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »
    Save the attachment to your desk top or some where on your comp that you can find it. Right click on the file and select "open with" and select power point to open the program.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

12grand

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »
      to mroilfield: your reply was helpful.  I saved the attachment instead of opening it from my email program.  Then I had to open Power Point first to retrieve what I had saved.  It worked, but there still should be a way for the email attachment to default to open in PP rather than taking all those steps.  Thanks much.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:05:12 AM »
      Using Windows Explorer, find a .ppt file, right click on it and select Open With.  Next, select Choose Program.  PowerPoint should appear in a list of Programs.  Select it and check the box at the bottom for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".  Click OK to close that panel.

Now, open you email program and try opening a .ppt attachment directly from your email program.  Does it work?

12grand

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
        to soybean:  Now I see what the problem was.  Power Point wasn't listed for some reason under "Choose program".  I clicked on "Browse" & added MS Power Point & then checked the box "always use".   This should solve the matter.  Thank you.  What a great site this is!  Such prompt & helpful replies!