Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RE: programming ro detect a specific change on screen  (Read 2695 times)

pa18

Topic Starter

Rookie

RE: programming ro detect a specific change on screen
    « on: February 04, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if my problem is possible so my question is to ask if this is feasibly possible.

I have a trading software which has volume bars at the bottom of the charts. When there is increasing volume, the bars will change color showing that there is more activity.

For the trading software datafeed, I cannot access the primary source of the data (and I wouldn't want to :)) so I can find an easier programming solution.

What I like to know if 'programming' can detect this increasing volume change 'from the screen' at a specific point.

If there is more activity the volume bar will change to blue, and this is what I want the 'program' to detect, then send an email or play a sound.

Possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

It is a high possibility that there isn't a premade software to do this on the market now. I did think of a webcam taking and comparing screenshots but I think this is possible too slow

Thanks for your time.