Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dreamweaver  (Read 7966 times)

foggs

Topic Starter

Beginner

dreamweaver
    « on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
    i havent used this in quite awhile, nor have i done any like coding in some time. any good sites out that have good refresher tutorials? i have my hands in everything i simply cant remember much about it other than basics
    Foggs

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: dreamweaver
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
    Which version?
    If version 3 just Google "dreamweaver  3 tutorial"
    with the quotes and the first ten may have what you want.

foggs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:41:56 AM »
      4. and yeah i know that, but was asking if anyone had a site to recommend specifically
      Foggs

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
        couldnt you just ask here?  I havent used dreamweaver alot but I code everything in notepad not that I have done any of that lately.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
        What I did like about dream weaver is that way you could do anything with tables. Well, almost anything. And all the effects it did were java script, but not java. I once did a rollover in Dreamweaver and grafted it in Trelix. Don't ask!
        And you could make crude animations by hand. It was cool. At the time.  8)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:39:53 PM »
          The only good thing about it is if you didnt know vhow to do something it could be done in there an you can easily see the code.  The thing about it thought is people who use it without codeing are not considered programers it like saing just running install programs like hd tester makes you a tech its the understand of what the compents do and why things are occuring. 
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
          HTML is not a programming language, and so those that write it are not called programmers.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
          HTML is not a programming language, and so those that write it are not called programmers.

What's that? The 17th time? ::)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
            it is but its more like a foundation program like java for bigger an more elaberate proggramming.  You prove me wrong then maybe I'll look at it the same way, but thats what we all try an do isn't it?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »
            it is but its more like a foundation program like java for bigger an more elaberate proggramming.  You prove me wrong then maybe I'll look at it the same way, but thats what we all try an do isn't it?

you're freakin' kidding me.

it's a MARKUP LANGUAGE. it's RIGHT in the flippin name, HTML, Hyper Text Markup Language!

Also- Java applets are referenced on a HTML page via the APPLET tag. no Java code appears in the HTML file. just attributes, and a class reference, as well as a codebase.

Your thinking of Javascript, which isn't part of HTML.

HTML is like bbcode. you don't say your programming when you post, do you?

Additionally, any language is going to have Loops, variables, conditions, etc. HTML has none of those. (PS: CSS is not HTML)

HTML on it's own creates static pages. a programming language, in contrast, creates applications that *do* something.

if HTML(or SGML, for that matter) was a programming language- then so is XML. and considering XML is really just a way of storing hierarchical data, I doubt it.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 02:18:29 PM »
            it is but its more like a foundation program like java for bigger an more elaberate proggramming

It can be, but not necessary. Whatever the case, it's still not a programming language.

you're freakin' kidding me.

it's a MARKUP LANGUAGE. it's RIGHT in the flippin name, HTML, Hyper Text Markup Language!

Also- Java applets are referenced on a HTML page via the APPLET tag. no Java code appears in the HTML file. just attributes, and a class reference, as well as a codebase.

Your thinking of Javascript, which isn't part of HTML.

HTML is like bbcode. you don't say your programming when you post, do you?

Additionally, any language is going to have Loops, variables, conditions, etc. HTML has none of those. (PS: CSS is not HTML)

HTML on it's own creates static pages. a programming language, in contrast, creates applications that *do* something.

if HTML(or SGML, for that matter) was a programming language- then so is XML. and considering XML is really just a way of storing hierarchical data, I doubt it.

That sums it up in a nutshell.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »
            Now Squall, Don't make me do it again  ;D

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
              I'mn not but i see your point, no I attucally ment java I took it too.  But i was refering to it in it in a differnt way i attucallt understand C++ better then when I tried to do it with that knowdlge.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              « Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
              Java is a programming language. It finds most use on the web but it isn't tied to it- it is used for standalone applications as well.

do I need to explain the differences between Java and javascript for... the 5th time, I think?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              « Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
              Firefox for example, is built mainly with Java, not JS.