Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Kaspersky says Web hack 'should not have happened'  (Read 11161 times)

kizza1645

Re: Kaspersky says Web hack 'should not have happened'
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »
Even i could hack Norman, But there's no point.....

Somehow, I seriously doubt it.

What could I possible gain? :P
As said in the article, hundreds of activation codes.

Don't doubt what you don't know.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »
Good luck!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »
Don't doubt what you don't know.

I doubt you could hack a tree stump.

Real hackers don't spend their time advertising gaming clans and crap like that. And those that do spend their time hacking into their grandma's PC from their mother's PC, using the VPN that they setup. Hardly impressive.

I might also add that not knowing something is the very basis in which doubt exists. However in this case I believe your "hacking" abilities don't extend much farther then the ability to read Game config files and change them.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

kizza1645

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »
You read me like a book :) 
except for the hacking grandmas pc part.....

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 05:43:30 AM »
Then you said you could hack because....

kizza1645

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 02:02:48 AM »
Then you said you could hack because....
because i can

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 02:16:35 AM »
Lol

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:09 AM »
Then what did you mean by "you read me like a book"

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 05:39:40 AM »
Dare I quote my essay on the subject:

After reading a few ridiculous FAQs about stuff programmer’s supposedly care about, I have developed several reasons why anybody who calls themselves a “hacker” is a no nothing loser. (Well, in most cases. It really comes together when you find them using certain misspellings of words).

For example, they will demonstrate their complete lack of respect for any language by constantly misrepresenting words as numeric symbols that look similar. For example, saying the word, “elite”, word become the incomprehensible “31337”. Why? Well, most hackers start their meaningless “hacking” (making TI-BASIC guessing games, in a lot of cases), by using calculators. Either with a calculator as well as with some fonts, the characters “31337” become “ELEET” (of course, the threes are mirrored). Now, the question is, why do they represent words that are easier typed using the generally accepted alphabet? Their idiots. That is why. Well, not particularly, they just entered the programming world on the wrong side of the tracks. Oftentimes they are introduced to programming via an advanced calculator they might need for school, such as the TI-83. Now, for a while, they are real programmers- they learn about TI-BASIC, etc. almost inevitably, however, they will eventually search for even more information on the TI calc on the net, and eventually fall onto the web-page of a self-proclaimed “37337 HAXOR”, with no programming (or web-design) skills whatsoever. So what, they know a little TASM- and that makes them somehow good, does it? I think not. Unfortunately, this innocent young programmer browses the site, and finds all the cool ASM programs this guy probably stole from reputable people. He starts thinking he is cool, and wants to call himself a 37337 HAXOR too. So he starts his own web-page at a free-web page service, such as Geocities or the like. Using similarly bad web-design skills (a few IMG tags, MAYBE with centering, a background that is probably animated) he creates his site, and places a few of his TI-83 basic programs on it. He looks at his site, and thinks it’s OK, except there isn’t enough code. So he goes to some other HAXOR (or REAL programmer site, if good web design doesn’t hurt his eyes yet) site and steals the code from there, places it on his site, and claims it as his own! If anybody contests this I won’t listen, I’ve seen an EXACT replica of my very own Visual Basic Project (A very large ActiveX DLL library) on some Goofs site He didn’t even remove the comments, just did a global find/replace with something of my name with his. Not just there, though. After notifying my “new friend” I got an extremely unfriendly response, which just served to obfuscate my anger. This is what I sent him. I wasn’t mad, since I knew how hackers (I refuse to include that terrible misspelling again) worked- they had nothing to their own credit, so they take somebody else’s:

Hi. I just visited your site, and your “BASeParser” library is great. Unfortunately, it isn’t authored by you, as it is my DLL. I have worked many weeks on that program, and it is made out of my sweat and blood. I posted it on my page for the Visual Basic community to share, and explicitly told nobody to claim it as their own, or sell it. Please remove the project from your site, or give me credit for my hard work. Maybe one day you can write more then a page of code and post it on the web, but until that time comes, I’d refrain from stealing other people code, especially if it was written in a language whose compiler/IDE you don’t own, Visual Basic Deluxe

Thank you.

Sure, I may have not a little nippy, but who wouldn’t? At least I didn’t go right ahead and sue the fellow. I figured if I got a evil reply of some kind, I’d call him on his claim to using “Visual Basic Deluxe” (I just hoped he wouldn’t call me on it) When he sent me the following reply, which made my spell checker explode:

“Dear Fellow HAK

Your request to remove MY BASeParser from MY site has been denied. Please move along, and stop claiming other code as your own. Have you even looked at the BASeParser code? It is way too complicated to make unless you are a 37337 HAXOR, which I am and you aren’t. And I do have Visual Basic Deluxe, and it wasn’t cheap. So F<expletive deleted> yourself. ‘nuff said. I bet my site ROXOR’s yours but you won’t give me your address cuz you know I’ll use my HAXOR skills to DOS you bad.

<expletive deleted> you.”

What a kind-hearted reply. I laughed when I read this because I knew he expected some kind of flame-war. Unfortunately, he just set himself up for the final blow :):

OK. Nice reply. I have looked at my code, and I found it to be much better then anything you could come up with. By the way, if I’m not the original author, why is my name ALL OVER the code? Apparently, you only glanced at the code and did a global find and replace of my name, “Michael Burgwin”, but missed a few parts where I actually spelt my full name, “Michael James Burgwin”, now, if you wrote it, WHY would you have MY full name in YOUR code? Oh, and what the heck is Visual Basic Deluxe? There is no such thing! If you actually read the Comments (Which you can’t, because I used real English and didn’t represent retarded ideals with arbitrary numeric values) I wrote BASeParser in Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition, Service Pack 6.0 – Now, if you knew anything about Microsoft, you’d know this was made by them, and only ran on the Operating system you can’t afford, Windows. Tell me, if you hate Microsoft so much, why are you writing libraries for their OS?

And another thing, all you have is the SOURCE CODE- maybe you should compile it using your “Visual Basic Deluxe”, program. Until then, only I have the compiled DLL, which contains my name in the VERSION resource. Oh, and my web page is http://www.geocities.com/BC_Programming. Try to perform a DOS attack there.

Smoked him. Apparently I was right about one thing- he can neither write nor understand coherent sentences, and obviously glanced over my reply, trying to extricate those words he did understand:

Visual Basic deluxe is a package for super LINUX not gay Windoze. And I can’t compile because your code is so full of errors it crashes. And I set up some computer with windows so I can DOS you with Command Prompt soon by ping. You better back-up your site or your toast.

I didn’t expect a reply at all and in fact was only watching his site to make sure it was removed. I found this reply to be the most charming, because he obviously bought into the idea that a DOS attack (Denial of Service) was performed from the DOS (Disk Operating System) prompt. What an adorable concept. I decided that I had had enough of this fellow. So I reported him as distributing unlicensed software to Tripod.com. Surprise, before a week was up, HIS site was gone. He wasn’t done yet, though. He left his epitaph in my guestbook:

Your lucky you already had a bunch of stupid windows computer to DOS me before I could DOS you cuz otherwise I’d have the last laugh.

I love these types of “hackers” because they always have some to say that they think makes sense but is completely meaningless given the context.Anyway, during this experience I had a LOT of fun, even if it was at their expense. I also pretty much summed up my idea of what a supposed hacker is. Here is a list on how to tell the difference between a real programmer and a self proclaimed “37337 HAXOR” (barring the obvious giveaways such as their terrible penmanship)

1.   Look at their site. As well as their HTML code. If their most advanced use of HTML is a few IMG, CENTER, and P tags, and they call themselves a programmer, it is possible that they are actually a wannabe programmer. Don’t assume though that just because they aren’t good with HTML they aren’t a programmer, since some programmers don’t design for the web.

hmm... it's incomplete... brought back some funny memories from my first version of my expression evaluator though.  ::)
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

kizza1645

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 05:14:19 AM »
Then what did you mean by "you read me like a book"

I just get bored sometimes,   

just disregard what ever i say on this forum, unless its a valid point.

Sometimes a i make some worthy posts, and help some people.

But yer, i get bored on this ofurm,  though it is a good forum.....