Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop problems....  I need help.  (Read 3526 times)

Jordan S. H.

Laptop problems....  I need help.
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:02:24 PM »
I have a dell inspiron 1000 (the advanced kind with more RAM and a bigger screen).  It had been working fine for a couple months until one day when I tried to turn it on and it didnt.  Now all that happens when I press the power button is the Hard Drive LED comes on solid and thats it.  It just sits there with the hard drive light on.  I know that its not a HD problem because I tried removing the drive and putting it into my desktop as a slave, it worked fine.  So now im stumped....  It looks to me like a power supply or MoBo problem.  

-emh

(p.s. I have resorted to these forums because I spent over 6 hours on the phone with dell's "customer service" and got nowhere.  Apperently, the laptop that I have is not registered to me even though I bought it directly from dell.  I then tried the tech chat but it didnt work.)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Laptop problems....  I need help.
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 11:53:19 PM »
    I think I'd be trying to put a lot more pressure on Dell, I did read your other posts so I know your whole story.
    Do you have any documentation of the purchase?
    There has to be a physical location for Dell somewhere for you to attack.

Jordan S. H.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:23:21 AM »
    There has to be a physical location for Dell somewhere for you to attack.

I looked in the phone book for my city and the surrounding area and could not find any dell locations.  

Computer_Commando

Jordan S. H.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 03:08:13 PM »
    As I said, ive already tried all of that...

Maximus Gorham

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:38:42 PM »
    Try putting a Diff. HD in. c what happens