Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SW:KotOR2:TSL vista  (Read 5297 times)

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
    SW:KotOR2:TSL vista
    « on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »
    ive installed Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lord on my Dell Desktop Studio. I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service pack 1, 3gigs of RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU  Q8200 @ 2.33GHz. thats all i can really find out myself but here is the product page http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/product_support_central?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=Studio540s.  I've run tests on system requirements lab, it says everything is passed recommended settings, except my video card is below recommended. But ive also played FEAR and Rainbow Six Vegas on this same computer, with the same graphics card even when system requirements lab says i cant because of my video card. I have gotten the mss32.dll, patches, and have tried other fixes that deals with Vista with no luck. Thanks in advance.
    "i became insane over long intervals of horrible sanity"
                                                                     -Edgar Allen Poe

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      Re: SW:KotOR2:TSL vista
      « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
      So you can't play the game? or are you afraid that it will not work?
      Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
        Re: SW:KotOR2:TSL vista
        « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
        i apologize i should have specified. It doesnt work, I cans tart a new game, creat my character, view the classic opening FMV, then i get a black screen and an error message saying that is has simply "stopped working" giving me no option but to close the program or let windows look for a solution online, which doesnt work.  the details given are

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
          Application Name:   swkotor2.exe
          Application Version:   2.0.0.0
          Application Timestamp:   00000000
          Fault Module Name:   StackHash_93e0
          Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
          Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
          Exception Code:   c0000005
          Exception Offset:   00000000
          OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
          Locale ID:   1033
          Additional Information 1:   93e0
          Additional Information 2:   ee1f593d2537e95d8b0381229af2787b
          Additional Information 3:   d78a
          Additional Information 4:   1c8b277f1c8f60c6740cbcf29899c050

if that tells you anything.

Also just curious, if my video card is not good enough to run Half-Life 2, Dawn of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Fear, and Call of Duty, then why can i play all those games? 
        "i became insane over long intervals of horrible sanity"
                                                                         -Edgar Allen Poe