Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer troubles  (Read 3107 times)

lee b

printer troubles
« on: April 26, 2005, 09:33:07 AM »
hi, im a photographer who's just gettin in to the digital side of things. Some times when i print photos i dont get the exact colours that i see on the screen, and the most extreme cases are usually black and white photo's that have a sepia tint they come out with a bluey green tint! If anyone knows how i can solve this or why this is happening i would be really greatful.
Thankyou lee

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: printer troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:12 PM »
Well.... What kind of printer is this? Does it have color? If so, try taking the color cartridge out... Also, is this a laser printer, inkjet, etc?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Maximus Gorham

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
What kind of computer MONITOR are you using. is it... LCD, CRT..... Because my brothers computer is normal at times but sometimes turns a green tint and you cannot notice it until you printing something up and it is not what you wanted or you are next to another computer screen,? Or are you on a lcd, because sometimes either the cleaning solution you use can change the pigment of your screen if you do not use the correct stuff. Or if you are not looking straight at the screen sometimes things appear in dif color. it might look normal but try moving up and down. Like on my hotmail account the highlighted part of new mail i cannot c if i am not straight on.. with my screen and i intend to look down on it...

lee b

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »
Ive tried using two inkjets at the the moment, they have colour and b&w but I still get the same sort of results. I've herd its sumthing to do with the way the printer see's it in RGB, CMYK and Greyscale mode but wanna get them to see them same thing. Im on an imac most of the time, one of the old G3 ones, dunno wot monitor this one has.

Maximus Gorham

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 05:17:44 AM »
Ahh, Sorrry I dont know macs!

Computer_Commando

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 09:14:41 AM »
Post this in the Apple Forum.  Macs used to have a color matching setting, so what you see on the monitor is what you get on the printer.