Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer/scanner will not install  (Read 2811 times)

amandascruggs

printer/scanner will not install
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:41:25 AM »
I have a Lexmark printer/scanner that worked on my computer at one time.  I didn't use it often and unistalled it to free up space.  I tried to reinstall it only I get this message: C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT.  The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.  Chose 'close' to terminate application.
I tried to install using add hardware wizard but it only installs the printer not the scanner or the program to use it.  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: printer/scanner will not install
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:49:33 PM »
Hi! You're in luck... I had this problem once... Here is a link from Microsoft... Note: You will need your Windows XP CD for this to work... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767 ...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Maximus Gorham

Re: printer/scanner will not install
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »
Make shure you do a FULL uninstall there is some software that you can downlaod on the lexmark web page that cleans it out completley. you need  to do that before you install. i have a laxmark i LOVE the printer but HATE!!!!!!!!!! the Software!! it sucks!! i have so many probs with it!!  and so does my frind and his cusions!!!