Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does Error 1598 = burnt out card?  (Read 7335 times)

wishforanswers

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Does Error 1598 = burnt out card?
    « on: February 22, 2009, 02:27:21 AM »
    How do you diagnose whether a wireless adapter card is burnt out?
    I keep getting a [error 1598 setup cannot continue] when trying to reinstall the boardcom wireless driver.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Does Error 1598 = burnt out card?
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
    Burning out a wireless card is hard to do. And as far as BroadCom Drivers go...they can be a pain to try to find the right one. I am guessing that you have maybe the wrong driver for the chipset. Did you get this driver from the OEM or some place else?

Also is this card integrated to the laptop etc or PCMCIA or USB interfaced etc? Seen before where if you dont have your PCMCIA BUS Controller drivers it will cause issues with devices plugged in.

If this is an external wireless adapter device, has it been mistreated to where it could be damaged or are we truely hunting down a driver issue like this sounds like?

wishforanswers

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Does Error 1598 = burnt out card?
      « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
      Thanks for your comment DaveLembke.

I do not see why I would have had the wrong driver for the chipset. This is because it worked for 18 months, before just not working a few weeks ago. I am using this same computer with the ethernet cable into the same router I recieved the wireless. The driver I was using was downloaded from Acer for this model of machine. I am sorry, I don't know what OEM means.

Also is this card integrated to the laptop etc or PCMCIA or USB interfaced etc?
      I have no idea.

I cannot order a service manual from Acer, because I do not have a credit card, and Acer will not except money orders. Other than the inspection plates, I cannot get this thing apart.
      I have no idea about a PCMCIA BUS Controller.

There is more information about my machine in my two other postings on this site.

If this is an external wireless adapter device, has it been mistreated to where it could be damaged or are we truely hunting down a driver issue like this sounds like? Might have been.

This machine was shuting itself down, I think it has been heating up alot, so I had to try clean it with compressed gas (air or whatever it is)....... However the machine worked fine for a couple weeks after I had done that.........

I know considering purchasing a new machine......... Please read my posting under general or other cat........... Thank you for your advice.........