Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No power!!!  (Read 2646 times)

Dominic Pioli

No power!!!
« on: April 26, 2005, 04:03:47 PM »
i press the power button...nothing happens...i open up the CPU and clean/dust it out...nothing still...take off the power switch panel and hit the power button to make sure that there is contact or whatever, nothing still...I know it's not a power supply issue because i recently got a new one and it ran fine for awhile with it in...I know i probably need to buy and new power switch(?) but would you recommend me try anything else before i go out and buy one?

thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: No power!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »
I don't know why... But I think it's the power supply, seeing as I had the same problem... When your old one went, and you got the new one, did you get the SAME voltage? Was it installed correctly?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dom pioli

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »
yeah, everything was installed properly and it's the correct voltage, but im starting to think that something may have popped loose when i took the comp from michigan to florida

Maximus Gorham

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 08:46:57 PM »
Check your jumper cables. for the power switch. That was a prob on my other system.