Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A Couple of Problems  (Read 2045 times)

chadt

Topic Starter

A Couple of Problems
    « on: February 27, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
    I've had this Dell Laptop for three years now and have had multiple issues with it. I took to a repair person and he told me that all it needed was virus protection on it. I never got one because we never really use it. Simple internet use with zero downloads and Microsoft Office applications. My wife told me something is wrong with it so I'm trying to fix it. She told me she couldn't open any Internet Explorer. I try to log on under her account and it won't let me. It flashes to her background and then sends me back to the accounts. screen. I also cannot logon to our daughter's account (She is 9 and hasn't touched this laptop in over a year).  I can, however, log on to my account. When I get to my account, I cannot open IE, Windows Media Player or Help and Support. There may be other programs I cannot open, but I haven't tried all of them. I can open the Microsoft applications. I tried to do a system restore and it gives me the error message "System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore again". Can someone please help?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: A Couple of Problems
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
    I never got one because we never really use it. Simple internet use with zero downloads
    This is not an excuse for not having firewall, and antivirus. Just by being connected, your computer is exposed to malwares.
    I assume, you're using some other computer to post this?

chadt

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »
      Yes, I am using another computer to post here. Do you think there is hope for my laptop?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:42:29 PM »
      Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
      Download required programs on good computer. Transfer them to bad computer, using memory stick, CD, etc.
      Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html