Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ATI Radeon 9550 video card problem  (Read 3993 times)

sc19171

ATI Radeon 9550 video card problem
« on: April 28, 2005, 04:47:54 PM »
OS is win XP sp2
Intel 2.6 Gb
512 Mb DDR

Video dard has 256Mb of Ram
Card allows TV out

Video display on LCD computer monitor is rock solid.

Had sytem set up to feed TV out through to DVD recorder and output of recorder to secondary monitor.  All worked well.

Needed recorder in another room to replace DVD player so I removed it and fed the TV out directly to a new monitor through the video in jacks.

Video display on LCD computer monitor is still rock solid.  Problem is with the feed to the TV/monitor.  TV monitor is quite new and gives an excellent picture.  When I change the input to the monitor over to the TV out from the computer the monitor develops a vertcal roll similar to what TVs had many many years ago.

If I feed a picture in from a digital camera at the same point it is good.  If I feed an input in from a video camera the picture is good.

This to me excludes any problem with the TV/monitor and points squarely to the computer.  Although the setup worked correctly before I tried different  resolutions without success.

I have been using 1024 x 768 true color 60 hz for the monitor and 800 x 600 true color 60 hz for the TV.

My thoughts are video card or power supply.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks