Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows wont start up after installing motherboard_driver_ide_nvidia_c19!  (Read 2545 times)

Ewaldus

Hi i try to every so often clean my comp. This time i chose to reinstall windows and format my C drive(where windows was installed) The HD is partitioned in 3 segments.

Motherboard: GA-8N-sli pro
Processor: intep Pentium 4
Graphixcard: club 3d 7600 GT

Now.... I started with the XP home edition cd and followed the steps. When it promted me if i wanted to install a fresh xp i did so. All was going well until i was finished installing XP and started with the drivers from the cd i got with my computer.

Nvidia nforce 4 sli Intel edition series motherboard utility cd (ver. 1.0) - gigabyte technology.

The first set of drivers installed just fine (from what i could see) but as soon as i installed the last one, motherboard_driver_ide_nvidia_c19, Windows wont get past the loading page. (XP home edition logo with loading bar).

I messed around with the restore functions the XP cd gives you, Tried both the first(with the command fictions) and the second one. But it didn't help. Tried this a few times and got frustrated. Trying to get into save mode also didn't do anything.

I started messing around in the bios(prolly not a good idea as I'm not a whizz at it) which gave me all sort of *censored*, cant detect the hd and such, raid arrays being detected, and so on.
After some long struggling i got it to detect the HD again and did a full format on the partition using the "D" function then "L" and reinstalled windows again. Worked fine.
his time i decided to get my driver off the internet (my laptop) so i would have the latest drivers. But after installing the same last driver XP was unwilling to restart again.

Can anyone help me figure this out, I'm trying to stay away from sending it to the repairs as i am not that high on funds atm and i need this workstation to be operational :/.

THNX

Ewaldus

p.s. sorry for the big block of text but i wanted to show all my steps.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Laptop or Desktop ? ?
I would start with removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes or so to reset everything back to default setup...
Then re-install XP and make sure it is installing to C:
Then re-install the MBoard drivers and re=boot...
Ignore the stubborn nVidia drivers for now and let Windows use the native drivers then go online and look for updated nVidia drivers...
Best of Luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "