Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphic Card Fan and temperature.  (Read 2109 times)

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
    Graphic Card Fan and temperature.
    « on: March 21, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »
    I've been checking my graphic card temperatures, and they seem pretty high to me. (88C after an hour of Crysis or Dawn of war 2). but 10 minutes after stopping the game and keeping it idle, the graphic card temperature drops down to 53C.

Is there anyway to lower the graphic card temps? I've been using Rivatuner to make the fan spin faster, but it does not seem to affect the temps in anyway.

I clean the inside of the comp once every two months, and there is good air circulation inside the comp. Any suggestions would be nice.

thanks.  ;D
    Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Graphic Card Fan and temperature.
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:44 PM »
    Add a new fan?

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:14 PM »
      Add a new fan?

great. mate.  >:(

:D just kidding. I've thought of that, but there's not a slot big enough to be effective.
      Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:54:21 AM »
      For an 8600GT, 88C is pretty high, but not dangerously so.
      You say you've cleaned inside the computer, but have you cleaned the card itself thoroughly?  Dust can build up inside the card's heatsink, and as the fins are tightly spaced it affects temperatures very badly.
      Odd that increasing the fan speed does not affect the temperatures at all, are you sure the fan is spinning faster?
      What case and cooling fans do you have at the minute, and how are they arranged?