Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bat file error issue with programs  (Read 11871 times)

Dias de verano

Re: bat file error issue with programs
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
Is this the silence that ends a thread that means "I've realised what a *censored* I've been"?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
    no i had to do other things.  sorry.  but I wont say anything about what you said I'll keep that to myself. 
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
    well then, see- we just wanted a conversation. Just reminding ourselves what we would do in particular situations that just happened to coincide with yours is all.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Dias de verano

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
    So did you make the defrag work?  ::)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »
    do i need to check my paths on my trs-80 to run defrag? they should be the same right?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »
      I havent done it yet doing it know.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »
        the second works right off

Dias de verano

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »
        do i need to check my paths on my trs-80 to run defrag? they should be the same right?

Halouk says they should.

Dias de verano

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »
        the second works right off

But your PATH variable is screwed. So none of the Windows utils that you see below will work from the prompt like they should.

Code: [Select]
                                      actmovie.exe                  ahui.exe                      alg.exe
        append.exe                    arp.exe                       asr_fmt.exe                   asr_ldm.exe
        asr_pfu.exe                   asuninst.exe                  at.exe                        ati2evxx.exe
        Ati2mdxx.exe                  atmadm.exe                    attrib.exe                    auditusr.exe
        autochk.exe                   autoconv.exe                  autofmt.exe                   autolfn.exe
        blastcln.exe                  bootcfg.exe                   bootok.exe                    bootvrfy.exe
        cacls.exe                     calc.exe                      certreq.exe                   certutil.exe
        charmap.exe                   ChCfg.exe                     chkdsk.exe                    chkntfs.exe
        cidaemon.exe                  cipher.exe                    cisvc.exe                     ckcnv.exe
        cleanmgr.exe                  cliconfg.exe                  clipbrd.exe                   clipsrv.exe
        clspack.exe                   cluster.exe                   cmd.exe                       cmdl32.exe
        cmmon32.exe                   cmstp.exe                     CNAB4RPK.EXE                  CNMCP6e.exe
        CNMCP78.exe                   comp.exe                      compact.exe                   comsdupd.exe
        conime.exe                    control.exe                   convert.exe                   cscript.exe
        csrss.exe                     ctfmon.exe                    dcomcnfg.exe                  ddeshare.exe
        debug.exe                     defrag.exe                    dfrgfat.exe                   dfrgntfs.exe
        dfscmd.exe                    diantz.exe                    diskpart.exe                  diskperf.exe
        DivXCodecVersionChecker.exe   DivXsm.exe                    dllhost.exe                   dllhst3g.exe
        dmadmin.exe                   dmremote.exe                  doskey.exe                    dosx.exe
        dplaysvr.exe                  dpnsvr.exe                    dpvsetup.exe                  driverquery.exe
        drwatson.exe                  drwtsn32.exe                  dsadd.exe                     dsget.exe
        dsmod.exe                     dsmove.exe                    dsquery.exe                   dsrm.exe
        dumprep.exe                   dvdplay.exe                   dvdupgrd.exe                  dwwin.exe
        dxdiag.exe                    edlin.exe                     esentutl.exe                  eudcedit.exe
        eventcreate.exe               eventtriggers.exe             eventvwr.exe                  exe2bin.exe
        expand.exe                    extrac32.exe                  fastopen.exe                  faxpatch.exe
        fc.exe                        find.exe                      findstr.exe                   finger.exe
        Firefox Setup 2.0.exe         fixmapi.exe                   flac.exe                      accwiz.exe
        fltmc.exe                     fontview.exe                  forcedos.exe                  freecell.exe
        fsquirt.exe                   fsutil.exe                    ftp.exe                       gdi.exe
        getmac.exe                    GkSui18.EXE                   gpresult.exe                  gpupdate.exe
        grpconv.exe                   help.exe                      hostname.exe                  ie4uinit.exe
        ieudinit.exe                  iexpress.exe                  imapi.exe                     imdisk.exe
        imdsksvc.exe                  ipconfig.exe                  ipsec6.exe                    ipv6.exe
        ipxroute.exe                  java.exe                      javaw.exe                     javaws.exe
        jdbgmgr.exe                   jview.exe                     krnl386.exe                   label.exe
        licmgr.exe                    lights.exe                    lnkstub.exe                   locator.exe
        lodctr.exe                    logagent.exe                  logman.exe                    logoff.exe
        logonui.exe                   lpq.exe                       lpr.exe                       lsass.exe
        magnify.exe                   makecab.exe                   MAPISRVR.EXE                  mdm.exe
        mem.exe                       metaflac.exe                  migpwd.exe                    mmc.exe
        mmcperf.exe                   mnmsrvc.exe                   mobsync.exe                   mountvol.exe
        mplay32.exe                   mpnotify.exe                  mqbkup.exe                    mqsvc.exe
        mqtgsvc.exe                   mrinfo.exe                    MRT.exe                       mscdexnt.exe
        msdtc.exe                     msfeedssync.exe               msg.exe                       mshearts.exe
        mshta.exe                     msiexec.exe                   mspaint.exe                   MsPMSPSv.exe
        msswchx.exe                   mstinit.exe                   mstsc.exe                     napstat.exe
        narrator.exe                  nbtstat.exe                   nddeapir.exe                  net.exe
        net1.exe                      netdde.exe                    netsetup.exe                  netsh.exe
        netstat.exe                   NICFIND.EXE                   nlbmgr.exe                    nlsfunc.exe
        notepad.exe                   nslookup.exe                  ntbackup.exe                  ntdsutil.exe
        ntkrnlpa.exe                  ntoskrnl.exe                  ntsd.exe                      ntvdm.exe
        nw16.exe                      nwscript.exe                  odbcad32.exe                  odbcconf.exe
        OggDSuninst.exe               openfiles.exe                 osk.exe                       osuninst.exe
        packager.exe                  pathping.exe                  PDBoot.exe                    pentnt.exe
        perfmon.exe                   pgdfgsvc.exe                  ping.exe                      ping6.exe
        PMounter.exe                  PowerCalc.exe                 powercfg.exe                  print.exe
        progman.exe                   proquota.exe                  proxycfg.exe                  pxcpya64.exe
        pxcpyi64.exe                  pxhpinst.exe                  pxinsa64.exe                  pxinsi64.exe
        qappsrv.exe                   qprocess.exe                  QuickEdCleanReg.exe           qwinsta.exe
        rasautou.exe                  rasdial.exe                   rasphone.exe                  rcimlby.exe
        rcp.exe                       rdpclip.exe                   rdsaddin.exe                  rdshost.exe
        recover.exe                   redir.exe                     reg.exe                       regedt32.exe
        regini.exe                    regsvr32.exe                  regwiz.exe                    relog.exe
        replace.exe                   reset.exe                     rexec.exe                     route.exe
        routemon.exe                  rsh.exe                       rsm.exe                       rsmsink.exe
        rsmui.exe                     rsnotify.exe                  rsopprov.exe                  rsvp.exe
        rtcshare.exe                  RTLCPL.exe                    runas.exe                     rundll32.exe
        runonce.exe                   rwinsta.exe                   savedump.exe                  sc.exe
        scardsvr.exe                  schtasks.exe                  sdbinst.exe                   secedit.exe
        services.exe                  sessmgr.exe                   sethc.exe                     setup.exe
        setupn.exe                    setver.exe                    sfc.exe                       shadow.exe
        share.exe                     shmgrate.exe                  shrpubw.exe                   shutdown.exe
        sigverif.exe                  skeys.exe                     slrundll.exe                  slserv.exe
        smbinst.exe                   smlogsvc.exe                  smss.exe                      sndrec32.exe
        sndvol32.exe                  sol.exe                       sort.exe                      spdwnwxp.exe
        spider.exe                    spiisupd.exe                  spnpinst.exe                  spoolsv.exe
        SpoonUninstall.exe            sprestrt.exe                  spupdsvc.exe                  spupdwxp.exe
        stimon.exe                    subst.exe                     svchost.exe                   SymTdiRg.exe
        syncapp.exe                   sysedit.exe                   syskey.exe                    sysocmgr.exe
        systeminfo.exe                systray.exe                   taskkill.exe                  tasklist.exe
        taskman.exe                   taskmgr.exe                   TaskSwitch.exe                tcmsetup.exe
        tcpsvcs.exe                   telnet.exe                    tftp.exe                      tlntadmn.exe
        tlntsess.exe                  tlntsvr.exe                   tourstart.exe                 tracerpt.exe
        tracert.exe                   tracert6.exe                  tsadmin.exe                   tscon.exe
        tscupgrd.exe                  tsdiscon.exe                  tskill.exe                    tsshutdn.exe
        TweakUI.exe                   typeperf.exe                  tzchange.exe                  unins000.exe
        unlodctr.exe                  upnpcont.exe                  ups.exe                       user.exe
        userinit.exe                  usrmlnka.exe                  usrprbda.exe                  usrshuta.exe
        utilman.exe                   uwdf.exe                      verclsid.exe                  verifier.exe
        vmnat.exe                     vmnetdhcp.exe                 vssadmin.exe                  vssvc.exe
        vwipxspx.exe                  w32tm.exe                     wdfmgr.exe                    wextract.exe
        wiaacmgr.exe                  winchat.exe                   WinFXDocObj.exe               winhlp32.exe
        winlogon.exe                  winmine.exe                   winmsd.exe                    winspool.exe
        winver.exe                    WISPTIS.EXE                   wjview.exe                    wowdeb.exe
        wowexec.exe                   wpabaln.exe                   wpnpinst.exe                  write.exe
        wscntfy.exe                   wscript.exe                   wuauclt.exe                   wuauclt1.exe
        wupdmgr.exe                   xcopy.exe                     XX293116.EXE                  XX2953.EXE
        XXCOPY.EXE                    XXCOPY16.EXE                  XXPBAR.EXE

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »
          I'm on a network which mite be why with limitations.

Dias de verano

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 03:06:45 PM »
          I'm on a network which mite be why with limitations.

So this isn't your own computer?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
            no

Dias de verano

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
            no

Duh! Like "Read this first!" "Give all information!" Now he tells us! Probably the admin has disabled users from starting defrags.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
              yes, didn't expect it too..... was thinking of home but doing it here so its like one of those duh moments.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:19 AM »
                Surpriseingly I got it work and it looks just like what you have posted.  I kind of want it to be gui use.  The help isnt all that helpful and I tried running it to no avial.  Also,  I want to know add avast and spybot but not sure what I have to point tooo.....  I looked for an exe but its not anything that I can see right off that would lanuch the programs.