Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlooks express to mozillasara wye  (Read 8342 times)

sara wye

outlooks express to mozillasara wye
« on: May 29, 2004, 05:10:25 PM »
new question.  i am going to switch from outlook express to mozilla for mail.  mozilla mail does not have an import feature to pull the address book in from OE.  any idea how i can do that?

merlin

Re: outlooks express to mozillasara wye
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 01:14:43 PM »
Does this help>http://jamie.typepad.com/ontheverge/2003/08/from_outlook_ex.html  i only use the isp emails so why bung up your pc...use the isps servers instead?

sara wye

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 04:02:58 PM »
well, i'm stuck again.  i did as you suggested and installed thunderbird.  the instructions page you offered was excellent, except for the in which it tell you...after you've important your outlook express address book to thunderbird you then must copy the outlook express file to the thunderbird address book.  i've tried 'select all' and there is no copy key on the menu.  

so now how do i get the outlook express address book now in the thunderbird e-mail program into the thunderbird address book?

merlin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 04:21:29 PM »
in your contacts copy a paste them..into a folder and do the same again to you new email progam..like i have said i have to be honest here i tried outlook once and found it a hopeless program  i use the isps webmail addys instead of using up  my hard drive space with files and another thing as well if my pc crashes i still have my contacts on the isps server and i dont have to burn data to disk...outlook express really was made to run with internet explorer...ok sorry i can be of much help...morning america

sara wye

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 05:31:10 PM »
well i'm trying to tell you i'm not being given the option to copy and paste.  the instructions you gave me a link to tell me how to move the address book from OE to Tbird but the instructions crash and burn from the.  the link says to copy the new OE address book within your Tbird addressbook but i can't do that.  if i use edit, select all the copy function is not enabled.

sara wye

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 05:46:58 PM »
okay.  i got it.  Tbird doesn't give you a written copy/paste command but it does it the same way.  thanks.