Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: climate change  (Read 10204 times)

harry 48

Topic Starter

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
climate change
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
i have just watched , an inconvenient truth , and Al Gore speaks and shows a lot of

truth which G.W.bush ignored in fact climate papers were altered before the public

seen them . america needs to do something now to clean the usa up as europe is

doing , at last there is a president who ( if allowed ) will try

Laska

Intermediate

• Tisn't the Spring Lovely
    Re: climate change
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
    Climate Change is an on going Phenomenon and is good for the Earth it is saving us from Utter Catastrophe at this very moment & no-one even Knows !
    Even Einstein was in ageement that if too much ice builds up at the poles, the wobble induced into the Earth's rotation would cause a major slip of the crust upon the mantle.
    This would plunge the Earth into utter chaos and be the end to life as we know it !
    Max Wurl Ebus Pax Eterna  A Long Life Is God's Way Of Punishing Miserable People.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:39:49 PM »
    Climate change is here to stay.  Our climate has been changing since the big bang of creation and will continue to do so.  What is of concern is the rate and degree of change which some claim to be caused by the so-called 'greenhouse gases' and we should be reducing the impact they are having.  If every morsel of greenhouse gases could be removed from our atmosphere tomorrow, climate change would carry on, even if at a slower pace.

The only reaction by politicians seems to have been to tax those who fail to substantially reduce their gas emissions, just another money-go-round and who will pay in the end? the consumer.  So prices will increase because of the gas-taxes, hopefully we will all buy less, and more companies will retrench.

When will politicians get round to discussing how we might adapt to climate change and its ramifications?  Where will those currently living on low-lying islands be re-settled (the Moldavians are reported to be already casting around in Australia and Sri Lanka, and there will be many hundreds of thousands of people in that position), should all development in coastal areas be stopped now because of the probable rise in sea levels?

Al Gore reminds me of the tale of King Canute trying to stop the rising tide instead of adapting to its consequences.

Just my 2-cents worth.
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
    Al Gore reminds me of a whiny crybaby that can't get over the fact that he lost the election, so now he's getting revenge on California by touting that  they will be underwater.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Laska

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »
      Naw. I'll give ya quarter for it
      The Worst Greenhouse gas and the one that cuases the most warming is Water Vapor & what is the favored solution ? To make cars that run on fuel cells comprised of hydrogen that would 'Only' Emit 'Harmless' Water Vapor HA Ha HA I just love that one
      Max Wurl Ebus Pax Eterna  A Long Life Is God's Way Of Punishing Miserable People.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
      That's a good point- but at the same time, water vapour condenses and it rains, Carbon Dioxide doesn't have a liquid form.

Laska

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
        Oh, Well I see that You have never been to Neptune then eh?

Actually as the Earth heats, less and less vapour would be condensed to liquid and from a half a million miles out You couldn't tell us apart from Venus
        [Whew it sure is Steamy here has it started already?]
        « Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:28:09 PM by Laska »

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:53 AM »
        Thinking Mankind can destroy the planet shows how naive we really are...
        « Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:37:50 AM by patio »
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
        Thinking Mankind can destroy the planet shows how naieve we really are...

exactly. We're really no different then any of the other animals on the planet- do you see them trying not to "litter"? heck no! They crap all over the forest floor!  ;D

harry 48

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Dribbling Pensioner
        « Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
        people remind me of a flightless bird with its head in the sand

seeing and hearing nothing

ps , unless you are told it by politicians who are the same as the big birds

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »
        If you believe that Politicians are a qualified source on anything i have a bridge in Brooklyn i can get you a good deal on...
        PM me for details...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

harry 48

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Dribbling Pensioner
        « Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
        what i said was , they no nothing only what they are told , instead of opening their

minds and listening  , but reading the above posts everything seems to be ok with

the planet and we all can keep doing what we have done

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 02:52:04 PM »
        they know nothing only what they are told , instead of opening their
         minds and listening 

interesting- "opening minds and listening" involves listening to Al Gores propagandous BS.

Do you really think he would have created  that film if he had been president? Of course not. he wouldn't need a vector to become famous.

How about this- provide some PROOF. they can say "humans cause this" and "humans cause that" until their *censored* bleeds but it isn't going to suddenly create conclusive evidence.

Just because it's a supposed planet-wide phenomena we should just believe it for the good of the planet?

It's a

NATURAL

CYCLE

the earth went through a LOT of warming and cooling periods in it's 4.5 billion years of existence. to say that use mere humans can somehow cause the planet to become inhospitable isn't just trying to stroke our own ego and make us seem important, it's ignorant, which is ironic because the very same term is used for us "heretics" who decide that just because some politician decides to create some bogus film and talk out his *censored* for the last 9 years it must be true.

I'm not saying we should throw our garbage in the oceans and throw caution to the wind. we obviously need to keep the earth a pleasant place to live; what  I'm saying is I'm tired of these so-called experts merely quoting what a politician said as some sort of proof. It's not proof, it's heresay.

The "evidence" they have says that the co2 level in the atmosphere correlates with rising temperatures. And somehow, they discard their scientific theory and automatically say they are related- they probably aren't.

The fact remains that the earth went through a very warm period in the mesozoic. The abundance of tropical plants in what is now temperate zones provides proof of this. PHYSICAL proof. What do they have for human-caused global warming. a god *censored* chart. any yahoo can chart data. a scientist should ask himself where these values came from- did the equipment differ, have different accuracies? But of course not, no reason to.

The worst part of it all is "global warming" never actually has to occur. It's not something like Y2K where there is a set point. temperatures could DROP for years, but "environmental scientists" (apparently this is a synonym for whining loser presidential candidates with a complex for being some sort of public figurehead) can just keep saying- "THE POLAR ICE CAPS WILL MELT OMG OMG WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!"

The problem is- WE CAN'T; and really, we shouldn't. we aren't the planets caretakers. to make that presumption is simply naive. the planet existed long before people came about, and contained all walks of life, none of which really cared about the environment, and were rather self-centered. The suggest that man, being the "super-being" we apparently are, could cause such a global "catastrophe" in less then 200 years is complete and utter BS fueled by the vast quantities of similar material coming out of so-called experts mouths just to appease the dillemma hungry public.

Take, again- the mesozoic era. Temperatures were high, Pangaea, the giant super-continent, contained all walks of life, mammals, dinosaurs, etc.

Now what wiped them out? The common theory is a meteorite, another possibility is a catastrophic volcanic eruption, like a giant Krakatoa. But whatever the reason- this caused something to occur on a global scale- global cooling. the world-wide tropical temperatures dropped because the sun was blocked out by ash and dust and whatnot.

So the question is- which is more natural? the global tropical temperatures 65 million years ago, or the far cooler temperatures we are experiencing today? Are we perhaps still in the aftermath of this complete change that occurred at the end of the mesozoic era, and was itself not the "natural" state of temperatures and the earth in general?

Laska

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
          And what We really need to realise is that unless we are taxed to the point where gasoline is up to 10 dollars a Gal. and Bovine meat Prod's are esculated towards 22.50 a pound there is no way out for us.

But No ! Wait ! tis going to be alright after all: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512428,00.html
          « Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:56:31 PM by Laska »

nadav224

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »
            The results of climate change can be readily observed, and include:

retreat of glaciers and sea-ice
                  a decline of 10-15 per cent of the Arctic sea ice extent and a 40 per cent decrease in its average thickness
                  snow depth at the start of October has declined 40 per cent in the last 40 years in the Australian Alps
                  an average sea level rise of 20 mm per decade over the last 50 years
                  changes in mating and migration times of birds
                  poleward and altitudinal shifts of plants and animals (especially in the Alpine zone)
                  an increase in coral bleaching due to increased water temperature.