Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS version: (73N2P01) EVALUATION ROM-NOT FOR SALE  (Read 19407 times)

victor

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: BIOS version: (73N2P01) EVALUATION ROM-NOT FOR SALE
    « Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 12:21:04 PM »
    Remember Victor...Squeaky wheel gets the grease.....make lots of noise......I'm sure you must have a ministry of consumer affairs in your country. They would probably be interested in this fraud as well. Good Luck.

Thanks for advices Karnak, but let me tell you something: I'm from Romania ( by the way, Romania is in Eastern Europa) where we have a lot of ministries indeed, too much for 20 000 000 people in all.But nobody care about you, a simple man who are paying a lot of taxes.I shall try only to blackmail them because I don't have another choice.

Does this board have a BIOS flash available for it? If so you may want to flash it with a non beta flash.

Oh yes, it has even a program to flash the BIOS.I've tried to update my BIOS until I understood  what I have in front of me, but, thanks God, their messy flash program didn't worked.

The vendor probably didn't even know. They don't unpack & test each board. There was no "infamy" involved. Just make sure the vendor puts things right.

In my country warranty applies to goods that were Ok when bought but failed later. Goods that were bad when sold have no time limit.

OK, perhaps they didn't know.It is the most probable case.But why are they trying to pull now?They can tell me in a correct mod:

"Brother, came here with the mobo, we shall verify it, and if you are right, we shall replace it and apologize you"
    What do you think, is it so hard?

Instead, they are sending me mails like:

"Dear..., please send us your command number" and others like this which which are driving me mad.
    Man, sorry, but you didn't know how much I suffered.I'm a badly dependent gamer, perhaps you can understand.

Dias de verano

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »

"Brother, came here with the mobo, we shall verify it, and if you are right, we shall replace it and apologize you"
    What do you think, is it so hard?

Instead, they are sending me mails like:

"Dear..., please send us your command number" and others like this which which are driving me mad.
    Man, sorry, but you didn't know how much I suffered.I'm a badly dependent gamer, perhaps you can understand.

This is how businesses work in the 21st century. Standard procedure. Guy in a cubicle working from a script.

victor

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 12:59:26 PM »
      Dias, in this case all of them are nuts and we are going nowhere.

victor

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
        I received an answer from EVGA which is my mobo's producer.I'm attaching this below.
        I'm kindly asking you to advice me if I must do what they are telling me.In fact, I want only to use my PC in normal condition but I want to know your opinions.It is really important for me.
        If you will advice me to flash my "EVALUATION ROM", please tell me in steps how can I make that bootable CD using NERO( I'm the proud owner of that .ISO image, but I do
        not know how to include it in one bootable CD).

Thank you so much!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dias de verano

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
        You place a blank CD in the drive and then in Nero you choose Recorder, then Burn Image. You will see an "open file" dialog and you navigate to the folder where the iso image is located, and select the file. Then you can burn the disc.

However I would first try more to get a replacement. A bad flash can make the board unusable.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 11:50:32 AM »
        I read the text. Sounds like the person who wrote it did take some interest in you problem, He even have a link to a free ISO burner. Nero can do a good job. Ask Nero 7 to substantiate after write.

What we worry about is what if the CD loads bad?
        Normally there is a CRC or some such thing that verifies the CD while it is booting

I would want to save the old flash image if possible.

Do you have the documentation? Is there an option on the hobo to disable flash update? At one time some Intel boards had a way to make a recovery floppy that could be use in case of a dishwater.

Does anybody here know how to make a BIOS image using DEBUG?

I was going to say just go ahead and try it, but you are in a place hard to get a service technician to come to you house, I guess.  So if it fails you'll be stuck.

Somebody else may have a better idea.

Edit:
        Added link: YouTube - EVGA nForce 650i Motherboard, Ultra chipset.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYg7mXW0tVg

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:15:12 PM by Geek-9pm »

Dias de verano

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
        Ask n**** to crufty after write.

The word I have starred out is offensive to many English native speakers. Please edit your post. Reported.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
        Hola Dias,
        Lo ciento mucho, y Que me perdona!
        He corregido el error.

Dias de verano

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
        Hola Dias,
        Lo ciento mucho, y Que me perdona!
        He corregido el error.

Es como "chinito" o "cocolo"...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
        At one time some Intel boards had a way to make a recovery floppy that could be use in case of a dishwater.

In case of dishwater?
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Dias de verano

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 12:22:18 AM »

victor

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »
          Anyway, I have not a floppy disk unit on my system.I understood that the flash will ask me from saving the old version of BIOS until beginning flashing the new one.Also, those smart guys has on their site as requirements for a good flashing:
          -CD read/write unit.

Sorry, i don't want to interfere or bother somebody, but what was the story about
          n****?

Thank you guys for your interest in my troubles.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:04 AM »
          the n word.

If you don't know what that is, then there is no gain in knowing, and no loss in the ignorance of the word.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Dias de verano

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 12:51:09 AM »
          the n word.

A variant thereof. Actually the Spanish word for "black", jokingly substituted for the Italian word (nero). A harmless enough thing, but in English the word is offensive to many people.

victor, the standard advice about BIOS flashing, which I agree with 100%, is "Never do it unless you really have to, unless it is the ONLY way to cure an actual known problem that you have." In other words, don't do it if you don't need to, just to see the latest version number flash by at POST time. A beta BIOS that works is better than a dead motherboard, especially in view of your vendor's customer service practices! If the BIOS chip is socketed (removable) you can get the latest version flashed onto a chip and sent to you by airmail for around $15 US.

So are you sure that the other problems you have are caused by the BIOS? Absolutely?

victor

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 02:46:04 AM »
            Dias, I cannot be absolutely sure.All I know about computers is learned by practice and from reading some books or magazines.But because my PC is absolutely all right from the point of view of drivers( I'm sure about this), because I'm replaced the DVD unit and the hard disk and the computer still have an extremely weird kind of work( freezing during POST, problems with virtual drivers-that generates blue screens-, incorrect  and inconstant work of all vents which are connected to my motherboard, problems regarding connection of some USB devices( which are working fine on any other PC I has tried), I assume that the problem is BIOS.
            But of course I'm still undecided to proceed with flash, because my mobo is still in warranty.I shall try to keep in touch with my mobo's vendor, but after all, I think that the BIOS flash will be the most operative action.I shall check if the chip is replaceable, many thanks for the hint.