Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: epson fx-1170  (Read 4757 times)

jayson

epson fx-1170
« on: May 09, 2005, 03:45:20 AM »
Im printing from epsonfx-1170. Its a dot matrix. When im in the middle of printing, It stop and beeps a number of times and all the three lights are blinking. Im printing with a 4 sheets of paper.

gussery

Re: epson fx-1170
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:08:10 AM »
Those beep codes mean something.  You will need to find the printer manual and it will tell you what they mean.

jim_me2

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 06:31:27 AM »
Jayson, if you go to the following site they have the users manual in PDF format.
Hope this helps.
jim

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=14292&prodoid=8220

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 12:57:32 PM »
Oh. Sorry! I posted my solution on the other message! lol  Here it is...

-----------------------(Original Message)----------------------
Which lights are blinking? They should have a label under them.... Try checking in the user's manual if your printer doesn't have a label visible...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

jayson

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 11:24:43 PM »
I cant find the answer on the manual. There are only 3 lights in this printer. 1 for READY, 2 for FONTS. the test page is ok but when im printing a document, there comes the prblem

jim_me2

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 12:26:33 AM »
As Gussery said, "Those beep codes mean something"!
From the Epson site:
Q: The printer beeps (five sets of four beeps) and will not load paper. Why won't it load paper?  
A: If the printer does five sets of four beeps (with a pause in between each set), continuous paper has been selected, but there is no paper loaded on the tractor. Install the paper onto the tractor unit and try printing again.

Q: Why does my printer beep three times?  
A: This means that you have chosen single sheets on the paper release lever, but no paper is present. Load paper and try printing.

Q: Why does the printer stop or pause in the middle of a print job?  
A: The printer has a built-in sensor that monitors the temperature of the print head. When the print head begins to get too hot, the printer may pause or slow down the speed of the print head unit to ensure that the print head does not overheat. If the print head begins to overheat, the thermistor will stop the print head completely until it has cooled down. Once the print head has sufficiently cooled down, the printer will resume the print job. Another reason for the printer to pause or stop can be that the printer is waiting for more data or is in the middle of processing data already received.

Also, what Operating System are you using? Exactly how many times does it beep? Has this started since changing something or has it been going on for a while, getting gradually worse?
In the Product Information guide at the site listed previously, the properties of the lights are listed under Control Panel=>lights.
Jim
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 12:28:38 AM by jim_me2 »