Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pictures  (Read 4675 times)

louman57

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

pictures
    « on: April 15, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »
    Hi, hopefully someone can help me. i just have a general question and probably a dumb one but i am not real handy with a computer just yet. How do i take actual pictures and post them online? i just want to take actual photos and have them posted to the internet and have no clue how to do that. do the photos need to be transferred to something?

x2543

Re: pictures
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:36:44 PM »
    just take your pictures, get them onto your pc and upload to a service like photobucket.com and then post whatever link they give you to the images. that's the gist of things. ask more if you're still confused.  :)
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:33:32 AM by x2543 »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
    I think we should find out what camera and what PC we have here first...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

louman57

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »
      i guess that is where my confusion lies. how do i get the pictures loaded onto the pc? do the photos need to be put onto a cd? i have the photos but am wondering what the first step is putting them onto the pc. i would imagine they would have to be scanned onto a cd, am i right in that assumption?

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »
      Does you camera come with a USB cable which allows you to connect the camera to the computer via USB connectors?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

louman57

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »
        no, i just have the actual photos that have already been processed. but am unsure how to take those photos and put them on the pc. the camera used was one of those disposable ones and pictures were processed. just not sure where to go from there.

x2543

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »
        no, i just have the actual photos that have already been processed. but am unsure how to take those photos and put them on the pc. the camera used was one of those disposable ones and pictures were processed. just not sure where to go from there.

if you got actual photos, you can scan them into the PC. If you still got the disposable camera with your photos in it, you can have a photo CD made.

louman57

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
          so i take the pictures and first put them onto a cd right? from like wal mart or someplace and then i can put that cd into the pc and i will be able to forward them to whatever website i want to?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
            yep, but you can do that from your mail as well.
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

louman57

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
              so i think i have it now, i take the pictures to wal mart and they scan them onto a cd. from there i can then take the cd and load it into the pc and forward those pictures to someplace like facebook or somewhere? that is what i ultimately want to do is forward them onto another site, they just have to be scanned onto a cd first and then the pc will take over from there?
              « Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:01:45 PM by louman57 »

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »
                Sure, once you have the CD just pop it into your computer's CD drive and then goto My Computer.

In My Computer goto the D: drive(which is usually the CD drive) and just copy all the photos in there to My Documents.

If you wanted them on Facebook, then goto facebook and goto your pictures or photos app on the toolbar at the bottom of your facebook page. it should have an uploader after you get to that photos app.
                If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

x2543

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
                so i think i have it now, i take the pictures to wal mart and they scan them onto a cd. from there i can then take the cd and load it into the pc and forward those pictures to someplace like facebook or somewhere? that is what i ultimately want to do is forward them onto another site, they just have to be scanned onto a cd first and then the pc will take over from there?

Well, you don't necessarily have to have a CD if you got a scanner at home, you could just scan the pictures like you do with scanning a regular document.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
                  • Yes
                  • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
                « Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:27 PM »
                If the original poster had a scanner at home, he or she wouldn't have needed to start this thread.   ???

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

soybean

Genius
                • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
                • Computer: Specs
                « Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
                Sure, once you have the CD just pop it into your computer's CD drive and then goto My Computer.

In My Computer goto the D: drive(which is usually the CD drive) and just copy all the photos in there to My Documents.
                Windows XP has a folder named My Pictures, which is specifically for photos.  That's where I'd put them, not in My Documents.

JJ 3000

Egghead
                • Experience: Familiar
                « Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
                My Pictures is in  My Documents
                Save a Life!
                Adopt a homeless pet.
                http://www.petfinder.com/