Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wecam/Graphics/System  (Read 3789 times)

Ian321

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Wecam/Graphics/System
    « on: August 28, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
    my computer has been experiencing problems with the wireless network adapter for a few days can couldn't get it to work, so i did a COMPLETE RESTORE on my computer and all my files are gone(not important to me) and i don't have a back up for them, now that my wireless network adapter is fine and i've downloaded some of my programmes back my computer screen looks blur-ish(not so clear) and i can't get my webcam to work on msn( i can't place a video call and when my friend tries to video call me i got this message when i accepted, ' Your video card driver does not support the video call feature. Please try a voice call instead. ' . but my webcam works when i use skype.

if i REFORMAT my computer will all my devices and programmes work again? or is there a problem i don't know? like i need to download some stuff? im using Samsung R470 laptop and my webcam model is SCB-1800D

Manufactuer(Webcam) :  Microsoft
    Driver Version for Webcam is : 6.1.7600.16543

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Wecam/Graphics/System
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »
    Restoring your computer replaces all of the original drivers that were present when the computer was manufacturer. However, those drivers might be older versions which is what is preventing your webcam from working properly with MSN. Visit Samsung's support site and download new, updated drivers for your laptop. Also make sure you apply all of the Windows updates that have come out since that laptop was made.

As for the screen blur, you probably just need to adjust the resolution to the screen's native resolution, which is 1366 x 768. This should clear up that blurry effect you're getting.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Wecam/Graphics/System
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »