Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: C Drive space Low  (Read 3155 times)

dman

C Drive space Low
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
Hello,
 I have a Sony vaio PCV-RS530G, running windows xp.

I keep running out of space on my C drive, even though i'm not adding any new files.  I keep clearing out my temporary internet files and delete files i no longer need, but i don't seem to be able to keep above around 90MB of free space no matter what i do. My C drive says its total size is 14GB, I'm unable to account for where all of the space has gone, I don't have that many rograms or files.

I tried running scandisk, nothing seemed to happen after it ran, nothing I could tell anyway.

Thank you to anyone who has any info.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: C Drive space Low
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
With 14GB hard drive I think, you need a new, bigger drive.

Dustinator

Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
    Try using glary utilitys it is a program that has a bunch of functions and one is called disk analysis and it shows you where all the memory is gone. Just don't use the regestry cleaner it causes more problems than it is worth. It is free and here is the link.
    http://www.glaryutilities.com/
    Hope this helps.
    1 day I will get a faster computer.

x2543

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
    and by means, do you have system restore on? I have win vista, system restore is on and I clean it out now and then and it frees up disk space. Probably that is what's eating up your hd space if you got nothing new and no malware creating duplicate files.