Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sysvxd problem and logs  (Read 3046 times)

redvolvo

sysvxd problem and logs
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:49:03 AM »
Thanks in advance for your help. I have an sysvxd message similar to other posters. "C:\Windows\sysvxd.exe  The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.  etc." When this message pops up, I click 'Close" to terminate the activity. I then go to the Windows folder and delete the sysvxd.exe file. But after I reboot the laptop, the message appears again. I recently had syscho.exe and syssvc.exe, which I removed with the help of a website. I am sorry, I do not remember the website or the steps taken.  I have taken the steps as directed in the malware removal guide. And I am attaching the logs as requested. This issue is on a company laptop which is not connected to a company Intranet. But I do have installed on my company laptop: a] corporate Symantec Antivirus, b] Cisco Clean Access Agent, c] HP ProtectTools Security Manager, d] HP Mobile Data Protection, e] Altris Client Service. I do not know if these applications are activated [except for the Symantec Antivirus which is activated]. Also I access our company's web based sales data bases [ACT! and Sales Logox] via Citrus interface. Thanks again. Sincerely, redvolvo.

[attachment deleted by admin]