Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Page Cannot Be Displayed-Only In My Home  (Read 2233 times)

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Page Cannot Be Displayed-Only In My Home
    « on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:13 PM »
    I pray someone can help me figure out what is going on with my computer. For the last week when I go to my favorite website it gives me "page cannot be displayed". ALL other sites work just fine. So after several days of trying to fix it myself I took it to my computer fix it guy. He hooked it up and bam it worked just fine. So he still took off some bad gliches I had just to be safe. I get home with my computer all excited that it is finally fixed,plug up only my moniter,keyboard,dsl,and mouse-connect,go to the page and there it is AGAIN! After just seeing it work fine on my very machine at the repair shop. So I get in my head it has to be something going on with one of the things I have plugged up. I take my machine over to my Dads,hook it up and just like at the repair shop the site popped up just fine. I am livid at this point as you can imagine. So I call dsl support because I am guessing maybe something is going on in my house that is making it connect everywhere but here. He swears that the dsl has nothing to do with it. I have no other machine I use or a wireless router,so those are out. So does anyone have ANY suggestions what on earth is going on that I can go to this site on my own machine everywhere but in my own darn house?!

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Page Cannot Be Displayed-Only In My Home
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »
    What is the website?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
      livejournal.com it works fine for everyone and even me just so it isn't connected where I am right now.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »
      Have you tried using a different web browser?
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
        Yes it won't work on firefox either. I don't think it has anything to with my machine since it worked fine at 2 different places. Only thing that makes sense to me is something that is hooked up to it.

614olbaid

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »

one possibility is you are banned from using livejournal.com

614olbaid

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 03:16:03 PM »

And if you are banned it isnt your username its more likely its your entire network and an i.p range, expecially if you didnt deserve a ban yourself.

I dont have dsl or know how it works, but i think its likely it if isnt a banned i.p range its a misconfiguration in your router settings.

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
              I'm not banned I can log in fine when I plug up my system up else where. Also a dsl guy came to my home today and even his laptop wouldn't display the page while hooked up to the new dsl box he brought. So we are thinking and hoping it is a problem with the main dsl line in my area.

soybean

Genius
              • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
              Have contacted your ISP about this?  Do you use a router?  Do you connect to the Internet in your home via cable or wirelessly (a wireless router)?

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »
                My dsl provider sent a guy over today like I said and even his computer wouldn't even connect in my area to just this one page so they are gonna have to research it tongiht. I just hope they can fix it.

soybean

Genius
                • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
                Hmm, that's weird.  Please let us know how this turns out after they investigate it.

inthepink

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »
                  It's VERY weird But they kept wanting to blame it on my computer even though I knew that wasn't it. So when the dsl guys own laptop wouldn't even work here that sealed it. I just hope it is fixable.