Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All-in-One PC: Awesome at your fingertips  (Read 3246 times)

kentonbruicemd

All-in-One PC: Awesome at your fingertips
« on: April 29, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
It looks like a notebook without a keyboard or a cover and resembles a flat screen with a handle. When I saw it this week I fell in love immediately. I thought it would be great to share it with you guys, so here’s Katty Mann with another techno review, featuring today the all-in-one Shuttle X50. Get ready.

What’s an all-in-one computer?
Simply put, the all-in-one X50 is a PC, a computer that you operate with your fingertips directly on the screen or with a stylus pen, if you wish. Amazing!

This wonder contemplates every imaginable task a teenager or a professional could need. Touch the slim screen and almost instantly you see an intuitive interface with just about any software you may need: office applications, multimedia, photo handling, email, Internet navigation… you name it.

Gather your friends in the living room, place the flat screen on a shelf, flip the handle upside down until it snaps and —voila!— you turned it into a stand like those behind your portraits. Slightly touch the screen to start a 3D game competition with your friends. Adjust the angle and watch a cool video with them or just listen to your favorite musical groups.  You can even mount the screen on the wall!

Now, flip the stand upward and take it to the bedroom. Touch and hold the finger (no more right-clicking!) and adjust the volume. Then, smile for the 1.3 megapixel built-in camera, record some words—forget about plugging a mic, the X50 already has one—and send a video email to your cousins in the other hemisphere. Shuttle included Wi-Fi connectivity to make your Internet life easier.

Besides its 1366 x 768 pixels wide screen, the X50 includes 5 USB ports, LAN port, Ethernet and audio-in and out support. Also, you will find a Kensington Lock slot (to attach a combination lock and prevent theft) and a 4-in-1 memory card reader so you can easily transfer data from any kind of removable media, such as mp3 players, digital cameras or a PDA.

Whisper Quiet!
Slim as a book, it comes with a 160 GB hard drive and an Atom 330 dual- core processor by Intel. Although it comes with Windows XP already loaded, its 1 GB of system memory (DDR, expandable to 2 GB) allows Window Vista.
 It also includes GMA950, Intel’s second generation of Graphics Media Accelerators, which means you will have a reasonable performance.  Plus, Shuttle’s innovative I.C.E (Integrated Cooling Engine) provides a noiseless experience. CPU heat is trapped and sent to an array of fins (a radiator) using passive convection, a technology that made Shuttle computers the quietest in the market.

Dimensions: 391 x 327 x 36 mm
Screen: 5.6" 16:9 Wide Panel
Audio: Realtek 5.1 Channel High Definition audio
Disk Drive (SATAII) supports up to 600 GB.

Share This Article!
Feel free to publish this article on your website or blog. If you do, please add this info about the author: "Written by Katty Mann. You can find more of her articles at www.KentonBruiceMD.com"

Kenton Bruice MD
[email protected]
www.kentonbruicemd.com
9570 S Kingston Court, Suite 100
Denver -  Englewood - Colorado
80112 - (303) 957-6686

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: All-in-One PC: Awesome at your fingertips
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »
Feel free to publish this article on your website or blog. If you do, please add this info about the author: "Written by Katty Mann. You can find more of her articles at www.KentonBruiceMD.com"

I visited the website.  I truly find the medical articles there to be well written, yet nothing was credited to the above mentioned author, Katty Mann.  Cheap shot of the day:  Perhaps this is a mere oversight by the fine web designers at THE OUTSOURCING COMPANY   ::)

The computer itself seems pretty intriguing -- especially if a keyboard can be plugged in when needed.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"