Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FTP Site Empty  (Read 4151 times)

AIBaon

Topic Starter

Rookie

FTP Site Empty
    « on: April 26, 2009, 10:06:22 AM »
    I use a server to host my website, accessing it via FTP.

Yesterday, when I connected to it, FireFTP (The small FTP client for Firefox) that I used showed that there were zero files on the server side.  I went to the website to make sure it still worked and it does, I can also "view the source" of any page on the site, however I can't edit anything because nothing shows up when I connect to it using FTP.

I tried typing the URL in directly (ftp:// ...) and using a different FTP client (Filezilla).
    Is there something I'm doing incorrectly, or do I somehow not have access to that anymore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: FTP Site Empty
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
    I tried typing the URL in directly (ftp:// ...) and using a different FTP client (Filezilla).

...and?

Are you using the administrator account?

AIBaon

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »
      ...and?

When I used ftp:// ... in the address bar, it just showed that nothing was there, I tried going to a specific folder within the site --"550 Error, the system cannot find the file specified."
      Using Filezilla showed the same thing as FireFTP, I was just showing that I tried simple fixes first before coming here for help.

Are you using the administrator account?

I'm not sure if I'm using an admin account, but it's not anonymous, and the account I use is the only one there is to access it.

AIBaon

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »
        Anyone?

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but could it be that the domain has expired?
        I'm pretty sure we bought it for 5 years, but I'm not in charge of the expenses, is the a side-effect of an expired domain?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
          • Me
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:25:34 AM »
        Sounds very much like something has been changed at the server end - in which case you'll need to contact your host for support.
        Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos