Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell optiplex 755 graphics card upgrade  (Read 4596 times)

Saybl

Dell optiplex 755 graphics card upgrade
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »
I've been looking around on the web a lot for video card upgrades for the Dell Optiplex 755.  The problem is, everyone is trying to find a way to put in the very best and newest video cards, which turns out to not work since the power source isn't enough to handle it and there is only a single slot. 

I would very much appreciate it if someone here can help find - The very best video card that IS compatible with the Dell optiplex 755, and requires no messing around -.

I use the desktop version, here are all of the specs from the dell website.

Number of Bays
1 internal 3.5", 1 external 3.5", 1 external 5.25"

Dimensions
H: 15.65" W: 4.59" D: 14.25"
H: 39.75cm W: 11.66cm D: 36.19cm

Slots
2 low-profile PCI
-(H: 2.5" X L: 6.6")
1 low-profile PCIe x16 graphics
-(H: 2.5" X L: 6.6")
Optional Riser converts the PCIe and PCI to either 1 PCIe and 1 PCI or 2 PCI - variable height
-(H: 4.2" X L: 6.9")

Power Supply
280W

So far on the website it shows ATi graphics cards, but I'm sure there are others that may be better and still work with the comp.

Currently I believe my computer is using Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family, but I could be looking at the completely wrong thing.  I'm very new to working with the mechanical aspect of computers, so please try to explain it so I can understand it easily, thanks. :)