Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Good free firewall?  (Read 2820 times)

roccenstein

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Good free firewall?
    « on: May 06, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »
    I am a firm believer in using all the great free programs out there and am currently using AVG, Spybot S&D, MalwareBytes and CCleaner.  I'm still, however, using the built in Windows Firewall and was wondering if anyone here could reccomend a better, free, alternative.  I know I could just Google this, but 9 times out of 10 you come across junk and I figured if anyone would know what to use, it would be you guys here.

Szpixman

Intermediate
      Re: Good free firewall?
      « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »
      Try Sunbelt personal firewall.  There's a free one and a paid version.  I'm sure if you dowload the trial it will revert to the free version on it's own.  I found this one much easier to use than Comodo and have never had any problems with it. 
      http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/Sunbelt-Personal-Firewall/

Everyone will tell you Comodo is better, but I found it hard to set up, especially of you have other people using your computer.  Sunbelt has an option for an easy setup that won't annoy you with pop ups about what to allow, what not to allow etc.  Just about anything is better than Windows Firewall.
      Good Luck.