Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is Vista worth it?  (Read 32037 times)

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Is Vista worth it?
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
and for every thing out there, at least one person will complain about it. So there  :P

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2009, 04:45:48 AM »
    I think its just cause of how it was when it was realsed but with the patches and updates it fot to be like something close to ME.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #77 on: May 22, 2009, 08:08:31 AM »
    I think its just cause of how it was when it was realsed but with the patches and updates it fot got to be like something close to ME.
    Close to Windows ME?  Is that what you are saying!?  That's may be the most absurd statement here so far.  ::)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »
    I believe, what he might mean, is that, in the same fashion that ME was based on very slightly modified Windows 98SE, Windows 7 will be a slightly modified Vista.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
    « Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »
    I believe, what he might mean, is that, in the same fashion that ME was based on very slightly modified Windows 98SE, Windows 7 will be a slightly modified Vista.

As far as I understand, Windows 7 is supposedly modified windows vista code, with the additions of all the good stuff that we've seen of windows 7. That helps I think to keep windows vista's library of software and hardware running on the getgo, though some software and hardware still breaks with a new os....

Mulreay

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
    I think everyone including the people who know better should stop down playing Vista.. There is nothing wrong with the OS as there was nothing wrong with 95 or 2000 it's a platform that costs less than MAC because it's put out to the consumer to find the bug's. Yeah fair enough there are some issues but nothing that cannot be sorted out on this forum so stop scaring people away from new windows products. I've used Vista going on 2 years and I think it's getting a lot better.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »
      I'm starting to find it to be okay for the most part.  It needs a few little changes that can surely be made but other then that.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #82 on: May 23, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »
      I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Pre-SP1, Vista was pretty rough. After SP1, a lot of issues were addressed and it works much better. I like it better than XP now.

Not sure why we needed another "Is Vista any good?" thread though. Haven't we been over this several times already?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      « Reply #83 on: May 23, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
      yes we have. that would explain my constant feeling of Deja-vu...
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
      « Reply #84 on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »
      everyone will always complain how bad a O.S. is and then the majority shut up really soon when M$ patches the thing. It always happens oddly  :P

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #85 on: May 23, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »
      It's Deja Vu' all over again...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #86 on: May 23, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »
      It's [like] Deja Vu' all over again...

I've been waiting for that.  Thank you, Mr. Berra.   :D

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

whty99778

Rookie

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »
        I say if you have XP now and you like it then just stick with that Vista is nothing speacial likes nice but that's about it.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #88 on: May 23, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »
        I say if you have XP now and you like it then just stick with that Vista is nothing speacial likes nice but that's about it.

It's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

everyone will always complain how bad a O.S. is and then the majority shut up really soon when M$ patches the thing. It always happens oddly  :P

Yeah, there are rants like this with every MS OS. Some more than others. It will be no different with Windows 7.

I think its just cause of how it was when it was realsed but with the patches and updates it fot to be like something close to ME.

Eh... see my reply to whty99778.

i like the theme and stuff but it has said that it will crash a lot so i would stick with windows xp but there is a new windows coming out but i do not know when

See my reply to Squall.

yes we have. that would explain my constant feeling of Deja-vu...

It's a glitch in the Matrix. Happens when they change something. Check your windows and make sure they haven't become bricked over.

2x3i5x

Expert
        « Reply #89 on: May 23, 2009, 09:21:14 PM »
        In the end, whatever O.S. is comfortable for you,  supports the applications, games, and hardware your pc has and has decent performance and does well for you, that is fine.

I'd use windows 2000 if I could, but it's not supporting some stuff I got on my pc. LOL  ;D