Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: password  (Read 1711 times)

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

password
    « on: May 09, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »
       i have IE 7 , SP3.     does this mean i will need to always enter my password in order to access my e-mail account??  i think  SP2 made the repeated use of my password necessary.......so is 3 even stricter?

and i see that IE8 is available now.   should i download it??   are there any problems with IE8 that i should worry about?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: password
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »
       i have IE 7 , SP3.     does this mean i will need to always enter my password in order to access my e-mail account??  i think  SP2 made the repeated use of my password necessary.......so is 3 even stricter?

and i see that IE8 is available now.   should i download it??   are there any problems with IE8 that i should worry about?
    Hold on there...tonnes of questions.

If you have the option of remembering your password (on Hotmail for example) you won't have to enter your password more than once (unless your cookiesget deleted).

What are you talking about SP2 and repeated passwords?

And for all your IE8 questions, go here. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+should+I+not+get+IE8%3F
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
      i have outlook express and whenever i go to the site, i have to type in my password.   i thought maybe that was something that SP3 would fix.    but i HAVE SP3 and still have to enter the password to access my e-mail

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »
      i have outlook express and whenever i go to the site, i have to type in my password.   i thought maybe that was something that SP3 would fix.    but i HAVE SP3 and still have to enter the password to access my e-mail
      umm...entering your password is a good thing...it means that it is secure.
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.